Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

issue with transferring magento from one URL to another one on the same server. 

coochy

Total Posts:  69

Hi everybody,

I’ve an issue by moving my magento website from one URL to another one on the same dedicated server.
FYI, I use a purchased template & have installed around 20 additional contributions. The current website works perfectly, then, out of the purchased template, other contribs should not be a problem when moving the website from one URL to another one.

Then, to move the website, I used the wiki page on moving magento to another server available here http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/moving_magento_to_another_server
I followed each steps, did it twice & I systematically arrive to a blank home & admin page.

Further, I checked & updated the config_data_core table in phpMyadmin to update the base & secure URL to the new URL
I also updated the app/atc/local.xml file with the adequate DB name, user & password. In that file, I didn’t modify the key
I also cleared all my cache in var/
Finally, I moved my .htaccess from the old URL to the new one.

& I still can’t see anything on my new URL, any idea why I can’t see anything & also why I can’t access my admin on the new URL?
I’m really lost now & any help would be welcome

Thx in advance,

Claude

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

coochy

Nobody has an idea?
Thx in advance,

Claude

Magento Community
Magento Community

toinus

Total Posts:  27

Try to delete the file “ \app\etc\use_cache.ser “.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AllTech Software

Total Posts:  62

Have you deleted var/cache and var/session?

Magento Community
Magento Community

coochy

Hi everybody,

Then, yes, as I said, all the Var/ folder has been deleted & I’m sure of it as I’m not a newbee with Magento.
Also, what is strange, is that I tried to install the latest stable version & I even cannot access the installation screen. Screen stay blank!
& I’ve already installed magento on the same server at least 10 times without any problem.
Then, I really wonder what happen?

Regarding the .htaccess, I took the one from my old server, nothing change.
I took then the .htaccess coming from the magento install folder, same issue.
I didn’t try with a test.html file, but when I type : http://www.mysite.com/install.php or index.php, instead of opening the page, I’m proposed by Firefox to download these files… I guess it would be the same issue with a test.html file then.

Any idea then?

Thax again,

Claude

Magento Community
Magento Community

coochy

Well…

Sry for all that mess dd_gi, find where was my issue & felt so stupid…
I forgot to declare my new URL on my server & thus was not pointing on my dedicated server.... I’m stupid !!!!!

Anyway, now, backend fully work but still have issues with frontend. Homepage appears normally but each time I click a link, the browser is telling me the link is corrupted / broken…
I’ve cleared my cache in Var/cache, in my backend, checked my app/etc/local.xml, have updated my secure & unsecured URL in core_config_data & now, I don’t know what else to do in order my links to work.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Claude

Magento Community
Magento Community

coochy

Hi dd_gi,

Yep, URL is rendered as I expected but I get a 404 error.
Any idea?

Magento Community
Magento Community

coochy

well, I’ve succeed to fix that one by disabling the cache. I don’t know why I was obliged to do that as prior I used the server rewriting functions.
Now, still have an issue on the checkout process where I always get an “undefined” small windows that opens each time I want to finalize an order.
I’ve crawled the forum but didn’t find any solution that works for me.

would you have an idea by purpose?

Magento Community
Magento Community

coochy

sent by pm.
Thx so much dd_gi !

Magento Community
Magento Community

coochy

Hi dd,

I get the error in FF when I validate my checkout, so the latest step, whether I’m logged in or am a guest.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community