Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I add an order summery to the sales emails? 

medlington

Total Posts:  143

Hi,

One of my clients has just bought something from a magento based store and has questioned why his order emails dont have as much information on as the one they had received from the other company.

The one he received had an order summery in it which gave details of the products and prices

Received email

My clients order email

I’ve downloaded the most recent version of Magento and had a look at the template files and they both look very similar, the only difference is that my clients template has this extra piece of code near the bottom:

{{/depend}} {{layout handle="sales_email_order_items" order=$order}} {{var items_html}}
{{var order.getEmailCustomerNote()}}

*extra piece of code

Is there an option I’ve not selecyed in the backend or has this other company customised their email template?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Not sure why, you installation is different, but my sales emails contain that summary info and have done since day one.
I realise that doesn’t solve your problem, but at least you know that you should be seeing that info in your store!

If that line of code is the only thing missing, then there’s no reason why you shouldn’t just add it in to your sales emails.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

Thanks but the extra line of code is in my clients template rather than the one from the latest version of Magento so I’d have to remove it rather than add it and I dont think thats going to add the extra information.

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

anyone else got any ideas??

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community