Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I import all products with visibility = “Catalogue, Search”

80worlds

Total Posts:  5

Hi, I try to import about 8000 products in a CSV and all works fine, but the value of the field visibility is “Nowhere”, in the CSV i put visibility with value “Catalog, Search” but it fits to Nowhere. Can somebody tell me the way to do properly?
Tnx all

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

You have answered it yourself, well almost! ‘Catalogue, Search’ not ‘Catalog, Search’.

You can just import a spreadsheet with two columns, sku and visibility to fix that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

80worlds

Tnx a lot for your answer, but i try in two ways: “Catalogue, Search and Catalog, Search but it doesn,t works,
can i update the field visibility with phpmyadmin,
in the table catalog_product_enabled_index ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

Okay, explicitly state your columns in the import, don’t have a header row. You can also select all your products in admin and do ‘update attributes’ in the drop-down box. In there you can specify visibility.

Magento Community
Magento Community

80worlds

"sku"|"name"|"autor"|"isbn"|"ean"|"num_paginas"|"fecha_edicion"|"categoria"|"stock2"|"category_ids"|"price"|"editorial"|"weight"|"description"|
“store"|"websites"|"attribute_set"|"type"|"image"|"small_image"|"short_description"|"status"|"manage_stock"|"tax_class_id"|"visibility"|"meta_title"

thius is the fields that im trying to import, but if i take out the field visibility never mind , is like magento din,t read visibility field, allways is in “nowhere”.
About ‘update atributes’ I have imported 8000 products and the shop have 167.000 products, when i try to update the atributes in the admin page my server just have 30 seconds to execute and they dont let me rise it.
Thanks for ur interest, im a litle bit loose

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community