Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Disable Cart Functionality and use only as catalog

kandip

Total Posts:  38

I was looking at magento, see if magento can have a feature where a client can Enable or Disable the cart funtionality and use the system only as a catalog. For example, for some clients who are wholesalers or someone like us who sale Gold Jewelers. We do not want customer to buy our stock online.. but we do like them to see what we have in stock online.

Now I don’t know if this can be done already or not. or this could be a new feature that can implemented in the future release. Please Advise or comment.

Thanks.

(Note: I am going to make the same post in the “Feature Request” thread just in case. For those of you who are bother by me making 2 of the same post twice, my apologies.)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

andwhite1

Total Posts:  6

I second the request for advice on how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

smkjr

Total Posts:  10

I too would like to see this feature as well…

Magento Community
Magento Community

smitcher

Total Posts:  3

I would love to see that feature… in fact it would be a lifesaver!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

erict

Total Posts:  31

A simple image gallery or even forum would be a much better solution in this case; if you don’t want and are sure you’ll never use actual ecommerce features, you can save yourself a lot of time and money by using something less complicated than Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

smitcher

Total Posts:  3

yës but thats the thing the client would like eCommerce features maybe next year or the year after but not until then… and if I find another platform then he wont migrate back to this…

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I know it can be done because one of the featured sites on the blog has no cart functionality.  You could try just disabling it in the backend under System > Configuration > Advanced, but I’m not sure if that works or not.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community