I have successfully skipped the Shipping Method which I have set to “Flat Rate” using the method in this post:
and modifying this file MAGENTO_ROOT/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php
Yes I modified the core because I couldn’t find better option out there.
So now after inputting billing information it skips all the way down to payment information (unless they specify a different address for shipping). However, it doesn’t not have the shipping rate saved and listed on the right-hand progress bar?
Any ideas how to go about doing this?
1. Customer Arrives at Checkout
2. Customer enters information into Billing Information Screen (I’ve Already skipped Register or Guest Option successfully)
3. Customer chooses Billing Address as Shipping Address and is taken directly to Payment Information
Customer chooses Different Shipping Address and is taken to Shipping Information which is filled and then go directly to Payment Information
4. Shipping Method is Saved as the default method (Which I have set to Flat Rate) completely invisible to the Customer
5. Shipping Method appears on the right column saved when Payment Information Screen is reached.
6. I do a little dance and go have a beer!
Thank you for any and all help in advance!