Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I turn off Inventory Completely? 

tonyhhisc

Total Posts:  7

My store does not require inventory tracking. How do I turn it off completely?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gamelodge

Total Posts:  89
Brisbane, Qld, Australia

This is what I figured out.

1) if your product has 0 quatity and you set the ‘Stock Availability’ to ‘In Stock’ - DOE NOT WORK! - It automatically resets Stock available to ‘Out of stock’
2) There is no single button saying ‘Don’t Track Stock’ - I don’t know why
3) The way i get mine not to track stock is: in Configure-> inventory set ‘Decrease Stock When Order is Placed’ to NO, then for each product set quantity to 1 and set available to ‘in stock’, this is unfortunately now 2 extra clicks/jobs per product and another thing for clients to remember when adding products, but i cant see any other way to do it ie like all other e-commerce systems this one does not have a global, do not track inventory switch

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community