Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Dropdowns

bobbrodie

Total Posts:  132
Philadelphia, PA

Is there a way to create a static page with a dropdown that refers to different products? I am trying to do this:

I have 6 products:

Cinnamon - 60 Cap
Cinnamon - 90 Cap
Cinnamon - 450 Cap
Cinnamon - 700 Cap
Cinnamon - 1150 Cap
Cinnamon - 1400 Cap

I would like to have a main Cinnamon page with description and picture and a dropdown with these products in it. I can’t do a configurable product because it asks for a price for the main page.

Another option would be to have the products listed in a table with a Buy button next to each product.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Charles

Total Posts:  73
Belgium

Hi Bob,

I’ve done it using a grouped product.

Cinnamon would be your grouped product and the variants would be the simple products that are linked to it.

Out of the box, the simple products aren’t dispayed like a dropdown: they are displayed in a table. The good thing is that there’s also
an input box for the customer to order right away. In the shop that I’m creating, I’ve inserted an hyperlink over every simple product. As such, from the grouped product, you can go straight to the simple products. Easy and idiot-proof.

With some code-tweaking (I’ve done it), you can modify the product/view/type/grouped.phtml file to display the simple products in a dropdown.

Gr,

Charles

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community