Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bug > all pages blank after store view code update! 

John Rock

Total Posts:  13

I was in the process of renaming the stores and views in the admin when suddenly, after I clicked on save, I got a blank page. Now any page I try to access (store view or admin login), I get a blank page. I tried rebooting the VPN but that didn’t work.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: a blank page appears in Firefox, but an HTTP 500 error page in IE.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

John Rock

After realizing I was getting an error page (thanks to IE), I took a look in the Apache error logs and found this error:

Uncaught exception ‘Mage_Core_Exception’ with message ‘Invalid store requested: “default”

The last thing I did was to change the store view codes for my English and French views, so I tried changing

Mage::run(’default’); in the index.php file to Mage::run(’storeviewcode’);

Now, instead of an HTTP 500 error page, I get:

Notice: Undefined index:  storeviewcode in...

and this in the Apache error logs:

Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/httpdocs/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Url/Rewrite.php on line 139

Do this make any sense to anyone? I would like to be able to resolve this without reinstalling everything as this wouldn’t make sense if the site was in production. Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alanin

Total Posts:  67
Nordhausen, Germany

we have blank pages too - from time to time - for us it helps to restart apache - even an apache reload works…

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Rock

I’ve tried restarting Apache, but that didn’t help. I think it really has something to do with changing the store codes from ‘default’ to something else. It’s like if during the store view code change, something crashed and it was only partially executed. I need to figure out how to reset these codes manually I guess…

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Rock

This bug I submitted is now flagged as resolved in Bug Tracking. I didn’t get any feedback about the bug, so how can it be resolved? Is still have a non-functional website!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mich81.com

Total Posts:  55

Try to look at this thread
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5976/

It solve my problem

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community