Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How To Set My Tax Rate To My Products

pauljg1

Total Posts:  179

Hi,

i am having some trouble getting my tax to show up in the checkout or within the price of the product if that is possible. I have set a a rule and a rate and applyed it to my products but when i go to complete a transaction the tax amount is still 0.00.

I have sort of guessed how to set the tax up because i couldnt find any support on it.

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks

pauljg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Athravan81

Total Posts:  19

Hi,

did you set up customer groups and associate them to your tax rates? Do you mean the price shown when you are logged in or not? The default Not-Logged-In-group has no tax associated with it. Hope this could help.

Greetings,
Daniel

Magento Community
Magento Community

pauljg1

Total Posts:  179

Hi Daniel,

yes i have set the customer groups up including Not-Logged-In-group. I assume that the price i put in for my products include the V.A.T?

So my problem is with the checkout process it does not give me a tax figure (breakdown) when i am about to complete the order. Hope this make sense.

Thanks

Pauljg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Athravan81

Total Posts:  19

I have similar problems with tax rates and so on. The price you enter in the backend seems to be netto, i mean without tax (but I think you can switch that somewhere). When you have a look at your cart, you might see a box at the bottom called “Versand und Steuern (voraussichtlich)” in German (I assume this means “shipping and tax” or sth similar in English, sorry, no time to look it up exactly).
In this box, you enter where you live and, depending on the tax rate defined for this region, it then calculates and displays the tax at the right, where the price is shown.
Since I always need the current tax displayed, I’m trying to find the function from the box below and combine it with the one on the right, but am still searching for the right code snippets.
Actually, many people (especially from Germany) seem to have the same problems with showing prices incl. tax and so on, I hope someone has already found some answers and will post them soon. And I hope I could help you…
Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community