Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customer address attribute

mo_mughrabi

Total Posts:  2

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if i can change the address attribute. am going to setup my store only for two countries for the time being and the addresses here is totally different, I need when i choose Kuwait for example i get a drop down list of area’s. Just like when you choose US, you get a list of States.

I also want to remove the zip code, and remove the state/province from the list.

can Magento do that? if no, is there an extension out there that can do it? if no, is there a manual that i can give to my developers to do it without effecting the core?

Thank you,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lijithmg

Total Posts:  10
Kochi, Kerala, India

mo_mughrabi - 04 November 2009 06:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if i can change the address attribute. am going to setup my store only for two countries for the time being and the addresses here is totally different, I need when i choose Kuwait for example i get a drop down list of area’s. Just like when you choose US, you get a list of States.

I also want to remove the zip code, and remove the state/province from the list.

can Magento do that? if no, is there an extension out there that can do it? if no, is there a manual that i can give to my developers to do it without effecting the core?

Thank you,

There is no area to configure the states. You have to do it through DB. Look at the DB tables named “directory_country_region” and “directory_country_region_name’

Magento Community
Magento Community

zakir

Total Posts:  2

that sucks......

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community