Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Different shipping methods through cart & back-end

mericson

Total Posts:  13

I would like to offer different shipping methods for manually entered (phone) orders on the back-end than are surfaced to the public shopping cart.  However, it appears that the shipping method settings are global, so I can’t

The reason for this is we don’t want to always offer certain shipping methods unless we are talking to the customer.  For example, sometimes we will offer customers SmartPost on the phone to maybe save some money, but must warn them that the insurance policies and tracking are different than FedEx Ground.  Also, we only want to offer certain express shipping options through phone sales.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi, you can restrict some methods to be only visible for admin users with Shipping Restrictions module.  Will it work for you?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mericson

Amasty - 06 October 2013 12:33 PM

Hi, you can restrict some methods to be only visible for admin users with Shipping Restrictions module.  Will it work for you?

I think this might work for me, but it isn’t clear from the extension page whether it meets two of my requirements…

1) hide certain shipping options from *all* customers, but still have them available for customer service people to use in entering a manual order.

2) hide a carrier (not just certain options) from *all* customers, but still have them available for customer service people to use in entering a manual order.

Will it allow that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello, both scenarios will be available.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mericson

With this extension, can shipping availability be controlled by store view?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Monty_iLM
Guru

Total Posts:  450

Hi,

Check this thread also http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/magento/how-to-hide-shipping-method-on-magento-frontend-but-leave-it-on-in-admin-area/

Hope this will help you!!

Thanks

Monty
iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community

TutorialMagento

Total Posts:  133

Monty_iLM - 07 November 2013 02:50 AM

Hi,

Check this thread also http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/magento/how-to-hide-shipping-method-on-magento-frontend-but-leave-it-on-in-admin-area/

Hope this will help you!!

Thanks

Monty
iLoveMage

I think this tutorial from Inchoo will work for you

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community