Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Amazon Integration

ben glazier

Total Posts:  11

Hi,

I am looking at using Magento to host a site selling Amazon products among other things.  I am not new to programming, but, has anyone got any ideas on an approch to take?

I am thinking that the simplest route is to add products to the catalog with additional attributes for the url and then amend code so that the order button creates the correct url to the Amazon site and/or possible integrating using AWS.

I look forward to a couple of comments before I get started.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nafnaf1000

Total Posts:  209

You sell items on Amazon (sellercentral) or are you an affiliate of Amazon?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ben glazier

Total Posts:  11

Selling as an afiliate.

Magento Community
Magento Community

inthewoods

Total Posts:  103
Carson, Wa.

I have successfully integrated Amazon Associates Web Service for Magento. The code is still in development but I’m hoping to release a beta by the end of the month. And keeping in the spirit of Magento the code will be free unlike other Amazon Associate web carts.

My AWS integration for Magento will only require basic product info. All other data will be pulled from Amazon like price, images, description, reviews and so on… All of Magentos great features will still be intact and the only difference people will see is when they check out it goes to Amazon AWS checkout process.

I’ll keep everyone posted on my release!
Brian

Magento Community
Magento Community

Refugnic

Total Posts:  27
Lichtenfels

That certainly does sound thrilling (and happens to be exactly what I need...).

Mind to reveal a few parameters?

Will the products be added to the database? Or will they just appear ‘live’ in the catalog?

I was looking into the matter and yeah...not too successful. While the Web Service itself wouldn’t be a problem, I basically have no idea, how to get the data to show up in Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

inthewoods

Carson, Wa.

I haven’t been able to work on it lately but it’s still in the works.

Getting the data to show up is really easy. I’m able to implement the code via a template modification without affecting the Magento core. Basic product data is entered for searching and everything else is handled via Amazon. The only problem I’m trying to overcome is dealing with prices. Right now the prices come from Amazon in real-time so you wouldn’t be able to hammer down products via price. I’m more than likely going to move forward without solving the price issue for now…

Brian

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

How are you getting around the issue of storing products in the cart? Do you just store them as products with only SKU’s or are they somehow transferred to an amazon cart and the magento cart is pulling data from amazon api?

Magento Community
Magento Community

inthewoods

Carson, Wa.

The cart and wish list work like normal. When the cart is viewed or modified my code builds the Amazon cart hash and replaces the standard checkout link with a link to the Amazon AWS checkout.

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

Total Posts:  122

inthewoods,

how would you handle the pricing if you were grabbing it from a number of sites (like a shopping engine)? set up an attribute for each’s stores price and have the pricing show up that way?

Magento Community
Magento Community

inthewoods

Carson, Wa.

grooves1200 - 17 August 2008 06:54 AM

inthewoods,

how would you handle the pricing if you were grabbing it from a number of sites (like a shopping engine)? set up an attribute for each’s stores price and have the pricing show up that way?

I’m not understanding your question ... Amazon AWS only has two price display options, retail & sale price

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

i’m sorry, it was more of a theoretical question--it doesn’t have to do with amazon in particular. in other words, could your template modification be used in a scenario like a comparison shopping engine?

Magento Community
Magento Community

inthewoods

Carson, Wa.

No, I don’t think so. The template I’m working on is strictly for Amazon AWS integration and deals with there XML feed and checkout.

Magento Community
Magento Community

thebigwave

Total Posts:  2

Hi there,

What is the status of this? I am looking to solve the same problem, and this would be a big help. In a perfect world, I’d like to designate on either a category by category, or product by product, basis whether products are Amazon products. I would even be fine if they had to be in their own store.  Is there a way to create a new Product Type in Magento that asks for ASIN and goes from there?

Secondly, how will the Amazon products co-exist with regular, “for sale” products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

i’ll admit my magento knowledge is minimal, but could you create an attribute for ASIN that can display when a products is an Amazon product (and maybe another attribute that displays an amazon logo)? then you can let people search for amazon products without walling them off as a different product type.

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

a semi-related question about the amazon feed: anyone know if it is possible to filter out the used prices for amazon products if they include marketplace stores?

Magento Community
Magento Community

inthewoods

Carson, Wa.

thebigwave - 08 September 2008 05:37 PM

Hi there,

What is the status of this? I am looking to solve the same problem, and this would be a big help. In a perfect world, I’d like to designate on either a category by category, or product by product, basis whether products are Amazon products. I would even be fine if they had to be in their own store.  Is there a way to create a new Product Type in Magento that asks for ASIN and goes from there?

Secondly, how will the Amazon products co-exist with regular, “for sale” products?

No progress lately ... Because my solution changes the checkout link it would not work with non-amazon products. The amazon products would have to be in a separate store. Also the products that you want to sell would have to be entered in Magento like normal products. This system does not pull random products from Amazon like other aws carts

Sorry, I know I keep stringing you guys along but I will get this done eventually. Family first!  wink

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4