Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Pages Crawl…

tom.synnott

Total Posts:  37

I installed my copy of Magento, I use my server for many database and php scripts… However when I go to the home page of my store it takes about 45 secs to load… This happened previously… Is there something I should be adding to the server to increase the performance of Magento?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

Are you on a dialup line?  Even if so, it shouldnt take that long. How fast does this page load for you
http://www.epicurecookware.com

There are several tips on magentocommerce.com for speeding up performance, butyou may also have a poorly connected server.  Try a tracert and see if any routers are timing out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tom.synnott

Hi Anna… No that loaded ok, I have 10 sites running off my server all connecting to DB’s… The Magento site is the only one that’s slow… Any idea what it could be?

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

Well I don’t know the nature of your other sites, nor how you have installed the magento site, whats on your home page etc, but clearly APC would help significatnly.  Magento does a alot of sql queires in its traveseres thru a site, and has tons of code, php, JS, thus with a binary conversion that bypasses the php interpreter it could help a lot. Alos what version are you running? The programmers have done a lot in 1.0 to improve peformance. They are aware of its inherent necessary slowness and taken some good steps to improve it. Have you looked at thier site. They ahave a page telling you what you can do to help.  APC is one of them.  I do not yet have apc installed, but plan to shorlty.

I still think you shoujld try a tracert. There could be a very hosed hop somewheer in your loop.  What is your url.  I probably would have a totally diffeernt route to it than you, perhaps I can check it out and see if its dog slow for me too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tom.synnott

Hi Anna I PM’d you the site… I also saw that post or something on performance written by one of the Magento people but can’t seem to find it… Do you know where it is?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community