Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I Ask My Guest Checkout Customers to Register for an Account After they complete their first purchase? 

jennydas

Total Posts:  1

I’m building a Magento store, currently hosted on XAMPP. I wish that my Guest Checkout customers should be given an option to register for an account maybe after they place an order for the first time. This will certainly help us a lot with more registered customers and come-back customers instead of 1-time customer.

We are selling T-shirts and shoes and really wish that our customers come back to us again and again for a fresh purchase.

Please advise a solution. Any extension? Mod? etc.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

agarwalc

Total Posts:  4

There is a Plugin that can ease your job.

2Customer - Magento Guest To Registered Customer

Or you can directly go to:
http://codecanyon.net/item/2customer-magento-guest-to-registered-customer/5562335

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentodrone

Total Posts:  5
New York

Hi, Thank you @agarwalc for your recommendation.

Yes, the plugin 2Customer - Magento Guest To Registered Customer will certainly do your job very well and give you some more features like Automatically Converting a Guest Customer to Registered Customer, Automatic Assigning of Orders to Customer accounts of Customers who have done the Checkout as Guests etc.

Complete List of Features

Convert Guest Checkout Customers to Registered Customers Automatically After Order is Placed

Alternatively, give your customers an option to convert to Registered Customer in 1 Click on Order Success Page

Automatically Push a Welcome Email with Username(their Email Address) and System Generated Password to your Converted Customers. You can also disable it if you wish to

Careful handling of Existing Customer Accounts. If an account is already existing with the same email address given on checkout, the order will be merged with the existing account automatically

Separate Section in Magento Admin to Manually Convert Each New Guest Customer to Registered Customer. Option to choose the Customer Group also Available

Easy 2 Minute Installation and 1 Minute Configuration

Works with Magento CE 1.6.x and 1.7.x

Free Installation and Bug Fix Support

Free Updates for Life

Detailed Documentation Included with the Extension

Price is $30 only!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rBrody

Total Posts:  7

E-commerce stores struggle with the desire to register customers on the one hand, and making the checkout process too long, risking shopping cart abandonment on the other hand.

An alternative solution that enables merchants’ consumers to be remembered for future payments, without requiring registration is Zooz Payment’s new extension.

Zooz Web Checkout EXPRESS Paymentâ„¢ Extension stores consumer credentials across all Zooz enabled merchants, under the tightest security regulations, which include PCI Level1 compliance, and patent-pending anti-fraud detection technologies.

By using this extension, you can enable your consumers to check out in a few clicks, through an optimized user interface, without needing to fill out an inconvenient account registration.

To find out more about Zooz, check out http://www.zooz.com.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageBright

Total Posts:  100

Hi
Please Check

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/convert-guest-checkout-customer-to-registered-customer.html

Thank You

Magento Community
Magento Community

JimDavis94040

Total Posts:  1

I have the opposite problem.
I am new to Magento.
How can I configure the shopping site to always use guest user and not offer users the option to register?

-- Jim Davis

Magento Community
Magento Community

ZbyszekTomek

Total Posts:  121

Hi. There are couple options - most are available only after customization or with specialized one step checkout extensions. Here is one that have all those options in configuration - Lightcheckout

- guest register or not - after first purchase on success page
- allow to guest purchase
- force to register.

All options you can choose to fit your needs

Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community