Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How long does it usually take you to design a new skin? 

sentuken

Total Posts:  3

Hello everyone! I’ve been designing skins for quite a while now, and was just wondering how long you normally take to finish a skin. I typically take about 4 days to complete a skin and wonder if that’s too long, so why not ask the rest.

I spend a full day on design and a full second day on finishing the design (this includes buttons, some blocks, etc.,); i also prepare the design for xhtml with sprites or whatever. The third and fourth day is designated to coding, adjusting custom layouts, blocks, and debugging for all browsers. My designs are very heavy with graphics, so maybe simple css-stripping may take about 2 days.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

It depends on the skin.  I have never spent more than 32 hours(4 days) on one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cealdk

Total Posts:  137

About 25-30 hours. If you would like to have a new skin, then let me know, I can get you a good price.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community