Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Website Description and Meta Keywords on Web Search

sreshtram

Total Posts:  2

Hi All,

We have specified the default title, default description, default keyword and default robots for the website through admin panel
(System > Configuration > Design > HTML Head).

These specification was done 4 days back and the site’s defaults description is not being displayed, while the site is list on web search.

Do we need to specify these details some where else as well ( Config.Xml) / its in the hands of search engine to read and display the discription ?

Thanks & Regards,

Sreshtram

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

Total Posts:  257

search engines do not always take the description from the meta description tag - try to write as good, longish description in the description meta tag as a default and for each caetgory and product and maybe include the noodp and noydir in your page templates. probably do not need to worry about the latter if your site is new

Magento Community
Magento Community

Journey100

Total Posts:  1

Can someone help me out and tell me how to actually change the title, description and tags?  I changed the defaults in the HTML Head tab but the results I’m getting from the robots are Magento generic info...title, description and tag. 

How do I get them to crawl my site specific info?  Site is 4 months old.

Please help out! LOL  smile

THANKS!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community