Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How I mananged to import products with multiple-images and multiple-languages

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

has anyone noticed that all the CSV files you use to import stay in that drop down list of files in the RUN REPORT section?

Is Magento programmed to list every one ever uploaded? Seems like that list can get pretty long ....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joesixpack

Total Posts:  35

The files are stored in /var/import (or where ever you designated). If you delete them from the server they should disappear from the list.

Magento Community
Magento Community

qwerky

Total Posts:  13

joesixpack - 05 August 2008 09:35 AM

The files are stored in /var/import (or where ever you designated). If you delete them from the server they should disappear from the list.

TY for the info!

Unfortunately, telling computer ill-iterate clients this doesn’t help them :(

edit: They aren’t in that folder unless they are in a cache folder ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

hyteckit

Total Posts:  166
Los Angeles, CA

I’m going to create an extension for multiple image import.  I’ve done a few test runs and it works great.  Just need to figure out how to create an extension.  Once the extension is available, I’ll let you guys know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

StockMania

Total Posts:  56

Hello

This i sgreat news hyteckit, this will save us so much time !

Thanks for your time

Max

Magento Community
Magento Community

StockMania

Me again… i have got some good news.

I have managed importing my 4500 product ‘vinyl’ listing with multiple image into magento.
with attibuts like Record Quality, etc.

Basically if you want to insert multiple image you need to create a new column next to your image column like this:

image | image | small image | small image | thumbnail | thumbnail

The column title has to be the same, so if you want to import 3 images per product into magento then the column would be:

image | image | image | small image | small image | small image | thumbnail | thumbnail | thumbnail

The first Image column is the first image, the second image column is the 2nd image, etc… in order.

See the document attached for a capture screen.

Also if you want the photo to be in Store View by default make sure the Store column is set to default all the way down )

I also attached my CSV file naming so you see the order, I have used the default Magento Import All Product.

I have spent 1 full week understanding the import/export process. I have 6000 product to import, and many times i almost gave up and was going to enter all the product one by one. But now I can say I have imported all my products, images, attributs..

If you have any question I’ll be glad to help.

Regards
Maxim

Image Attachments
tableurcapture.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

hyteckit

Los Angeles, CA

I just uploaded my extension.  It’s called the Product Gallery Importer.  Just waiting for approval.

Mine involves adding a field called “gallery” into you CSV file.

The gallery field will contain all your gallery images, delimited by a semicolon: ‘;’

Your product should only have 1 thumbnail, 1 small image, and 1 default image.

All the gallery images you imported are not marked excluded, so it’ll show up in the product gallery section.  The thumbnail, small image, and default image for the product are marked excluded by default, so they don’t show up on the product gallery section.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hyteckit

Los Angeles, CA

Okay, the extension is available now.

Product Gallery Importer

Once you installed the extension, you’ll need to set up an advanced import profile in order to use the Product Gallery Importer.  Go to your admin panel and select System->Import/Export->Advanced Profiles.  Click on the “Add New Profile” to create a new profile.

In the Profile Name field, enter “Import Product Gallery” or whatever you want.

In the Actions XML field, enter the following:

<action type="dataflow/convert_adapter_io" method="load">
    <var 
name="type">file</var>
    <var 
name="path">var/import</var>
    <var 
name="filename"><![CDATA[exported_products.csv]]></var>
    <var 
name="format"><![CDATA[csv]]></var>
</
action>

<
action type="dataflow/convert_parser_csv" method="parse">
    <var 
name="delimiter"><![CDATA[,]]></var>
    <var 
name="enclose"><![CDATA["]]></var>
    <var name="
fieldnames">true</var>
    <var name="
number_of_records">1</var>
    <var name="
decimal_separator"><![CDATA[.]]></var>
    <var name="
adapter">catalog/convert_adapter_gallery</var>
    <var name="
method">parse</var>
</action>

Save the profile by clicking on “Save and Continue Editing” button.  Before you can start importing, make sure you have the CSV file in the correct location and is name correctly.

The ‘exported_products.csv’ is the name of the CSV file you want to import.  Place the CSV file ‘exported_products.csv’ with all the products you want to import into the folder ‘var/import/’.

When you CSV is ready and in place, click on the “Run Profile in Popup” button and watch your products and product gallery get imported to the database.

<b>NOTES:</b>

This extension lets you add an extra gallery filed in your product CSV file that you wish to import.  The gallery field would contain all your images delimited by the semicolon: ‘;’

For example:

/path/to/image1;/path/to/image2;/path/to/image3

If images are missing or cannot be found, the product would not be imported.

Magento Community
Magento Community

StockMania

Hello

Great job, it is so much easier indeed !

Really thank you, add a little icon on the magento connect extension ) it will look super clean

Thanks again
Max

Magento Community
Magento Community

maijar

Total Posts:  49

Hey I asked this simple question on the previous page, but I have to ask again. Have you tried import csv file that field “store” is set to “default” with Magento 1.1.1? Was it succesfull?

It worked fine for me in 1.0 but now I get only Skip import row, store “default” field not exists. It’s easy and quick to test if you have 1.1.1 installed. I would like to know if this is some general problem (or could it be my own mistake). Thanks very much!

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Total Posts:  191

Looks like progress here - Has anyone figured out how to export a .csv file with multiple image paths listed?  I am migrating manually and this would be helpful.  Thanks - roco

Magento Community
Magento Community

Frederik Krautwald

Total Posts:  58
Reykjavík, Iceland

hyteckit - 11 August 2008 05:28 AM

Product Gallery Importer

Once you installed the extension, you’ll need to set up an advanced import profile in order to use the Product Gallery Importer.  Go to your admin panel and select System->Import/Export->Advanced Profiles.  Click on the “Add New Profile” to create a new profile.

In the Profile Name field, enter “Import Product Gallery” or whatever you want.

In the Actions XML field, enter the following:

<action type="dataflow/convert_adapter_io" method="load">
    <var 
name="type">file</var>
    <var 
name="path">var/import</var>
    <var 
name="filename"><![CDATA[exported_products.csv]]></var>
    <var 
name="format"><![CDATA[csv]]></var>
</
action>

<
action type="dataflow/convert_parser_csv" method="parse">
    <var 
name="delimiter"><![CDATA[,]]></var>
    <var 
name="enclose"><![CDATA["]]></var>
    <var name="
fieldnames">true</var>
    <var name="
number_of_records">1</var>
    <var name="
decimal_separator"><![CDATA[.]]></var>
    <var name="
adapter">catalog/convert_adapter_gallery</var>
    <var name="
method">parse</var>
</action>

Save the profile by clicking on “Save and Continue Editing” button.  Before you can start importing, make sure you have the CSV file in the correct location and is name correctly.

The ‘exported_products.csv’ is the name of the CSV file you want to import.  Place the CSV file ‘exported_products.csv’ with all the products you want to import into the folder ‘var/import/’.

When you CSV is ready and in place, click on the “Run Profile in Popup” button and watch your products and product gallery get imported to the database.

<b>NOTES:</b>

This extension lets you add an extra gallery filed in your product CSV file that you wish to import.  The gallery field would contain all your images delimited by the semicolon: ‘;’

For example:

What will be the path to image, small_image, and thumbnail? I mean, how do I before the cvs is processed know where they get stored on the server?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MonoMachines

Total Posts:  33
New York

Hey, thanks for the extension as it has saved me a LOT of time.  I’m getting most of the products to import the images, but I’m also getting some errors.  I’m not sure if it is what I’m importing or the extension or a combination.  I’m getting this error for several of the products:

“<pre>Notice: unserialize() [<a href=’function.unserialize’>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 3079 of 3795 bytes in /resilent/nols/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Batch/Abstract.php on line 53 #0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘unserialize() [...’, ‘/resilent/nols/...’, 53, Array) #1 /resilent/nols/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Batch/Abstract.php(53): unserialize(’a:85:{s:5:"stor...’) #2 /resilent/nols/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/Convert/ProfileController.php(238): Mage_Dataflow_Model_Batch_Abstract->getBatchData() #3 /resilent/nols/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_Adminhtml_System_Convert_ProfileController->batchRunAction() #4 /resilent/nols/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(137): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’batchRun’) #5 /resilent/nols/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http)) #6 /resilent/nols/dev/magento/app/Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() #7 /resilent/nols/dev/magento/index.php(46): Mage::run() #8 {main}</pre>”

I have no idea what this means as I am not a programmer.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hyteckit

Los Angeles, CA

It would probably be more useful if you posted the data you were trying to import, that is causing you problems.

Most likely your description has funky characters that is causing problems with serialize and unserializing your data.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hyteckit

Los Angeles, CA

Frikki - 14 August 2008 10:39 AM

For example:

What will be the path to image, small_image, and thumbnail? I mean, how do I before the cvs is processed know where they get stored on the server?

That’s the path to your images, not the path to where you want your images to be stored.  Put all the images you want to import under “media/import” that is in the root of your magento folder.

The path to your images would be relative to “media/import” directory.  So if my images are stored in the “media/import” as:

“media/import/product_1/image1.jpg”
“media/import/product_1/image2.jpg”
“media/import/product_1/image3.jpg”
“media/import/product_1/thumbnail.jpg”
“media/import/product_1/small_image.jpg”

The gallery field would contain “/product_1/image1.jpg;/product_1/image2.jpg;/product_1/image3.jpg” for product 1.
The thumbnail field would contain “/product_1/thumbnail.jpg”

It doesn’t matter what you name your images, the script just needs to know where to find it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community