Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Reading Custom Media Image Attribute

smithers

Total Posts:  1

I am in the process of setting up a Magento 1.0 site and have a question about Attributes.  The site I am working on will feature special products on the home page with a custom image that only appears on the home screen.

To complete this task I added a new attribute with the following settings—Identifier ‘home_image’, scope ‘Store View’, Catalog Input Type for Store Owner ‘Media Image’, Apply To ‘All Product Types’, Admin Title ‘Home Image’.  Upon viewing my products I now see a ‘Home Image’ option button on each line.

The next step was to modify a copy of the ‘/template/catalog/product/list.phtml’ file.  The only change expected for this file was to replace small_image with home_image on the img tag line.

Reloading the frontend results in a large string of errors stemming from Notice: getimagesize() [<a href=’function.getimagesize’>function.getimagesize</a>]: Read error!

Is there something else I need to do in order to make this method work, or is there another way to extract the url from the new home_image attribute?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community