Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catalog Price Tax Calculation Wrong

Jeffss

Total Posts:  5

I have just updated my test installation from 1.7.0.2 to 1.8.0.0 using the Softaculous upgrade facility on my servers control panel. This all appeared to go well, backup created beforehand, success message and the cart loaded promptly with no warnings...... However I noticed that the item prices are now wrong!
All my product prices are entered as including VAT and the configuration Tax section options are all set to include tax - BUT the prices displayed have the tax added on - i.e. double tax.

To clarify - if I have a product with a retail price of £20 including VAT @ 20% - the price should display as £20 including a tax of £ 3.33 (as it did in 1.7). Now I get the retail price displayed as £24 including a tax of £4 - which is wrong!

I have tried altering all the tax setting in all combinations but nothing seems to make any difference.

Fortunately this is a test installation with just a few products but I have a clients store to upgrade with over 3000 products - good job I tested first!!

Could someone (obviously smarter and more knowledgeable than me - doesn\’t take much!) please help with this issue. I know the upgrade has altered the tax calculations but surely I can\’t be the only one with this problem!

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kuzuto

Total Posts:  3

Hi Jeff,
I deleted my earlier post.. I was confused.

I followed this guide : http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/magento-ce-18-ee-113-tax-calc?icid=BLOG_magentoce18release_taxcalculations

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jeffss

Total Posts:  5

Hi Kuzuto - Thanks for the reply and the link.
As a result I changed around the settings and the problem has now been sorted on my test installation. When I summon up the courage (and probably a few beers) - I will cross my fingers and do the upgrade on a live shop!!!!
Thanks once again

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tini

Total Posts:  92

Hi.
I have a similar problem:
I upgraded from Magento 1.5 to 1.8.
After updating the Total in orders are always wrong calculates:
Price: € 100
VAT 10%: 10 €
The total should be 110 €
Magento makes the following calculation on the total order:
Subtotal: € 110
Grand Total excl. tax: € 90.90
Tax: € 10
Grand Total incl. tax: € 100

The calculation is as if removed twice subtract the tax to the product price and then apply it only once.
The prices of the products on the product tab are introduced wiithout VAT.

Have you managed to solve?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tini

Please a need help…

The total order is wrong for the application of taxes, invoices instead make the calculation perfectly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tini

Hi,

Thank for the reply

I have read the thread, and checked that my settings are correct: System> Configuration> Sales> Delivery Settings> Origin = Spain
I think that if invoices are calculated correctly, the problem is just the way like Magento processes the orders.
Prices were introduced in the Back-end excluding VAT, although in the catalog (front-end) prices are shown correctly because they include VAT
The situation is (attached a picture for better comprehension)

Image Attachments
Order_Problem.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

DVJN

Total Posts:  11

Jeffss - 07 October 2013 06:15 AM

As a result I changed around the settings and the problem has now been sorted on my test installation.

Hi Jeffss, can you let us know what setting(s) you changed to solve the problem? I have the exact same problem on a clean installation of 1.8.1.0.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nukemic

Total Posts:  4

Hi,
I see that many of you meet the problem with Checkout process when upgrade to Magento 1.8. I meet the problem, rewrite the code, but no result.  And I try to find the solution with the third-party service. Ask many friends, I decide to use Magento One Page Checkout extension. Amazing, everything is in one single page. It causes no bugs, and for me, it increases my website’s conversion rate over 21% so I hope that it will help you with your problems

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nukemic

Total Posts:  4

HOW TO INCREASE THE CONVERSION RATE INDEX?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Trabant

Total Posts:  10

Commercial break?

I already use another One Page Checkout that also works fine. So it\’s not the checkout. I just found out this morning that my problem was caused by another (unexpected) extention. The resolved the issue for me.

So instead of looking for other checkouts, go look and find the problem in your tax-settings AND check your extentions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alecs00

Total Posts:  73

@Tini
I checked that my settings are correct:

System> Configuration> Sales> Delivery Settings> Origin = Select your country

and now everything is ok!
Thx smile

Magento Community