Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layered navigation showing twice

Spek

Total Posts:  77

For some reason my layered navigation wouldn’t show (even with the default unchanged templates).
I had to change catalog.xml from this:

<catalog_category_default>
        <
reference name="right">
            <
block type="catalog/navigation" name="catalog.leftnav" after="catalog.compare.sidebar" template="catalog/navigation/left.phtml"/>
        </
reference>

to this:

<catalog_category_default>
        <
reference name="right">
            <
block type="catalog/navigation" name="catalog.leftnav" after="catalog.compare.sidebar" template="catalog/navigation/left.phtml"/>
            <
block type="catalog/layer_view" name="catalog.leftnav" after="catalog.compare.sidebar" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/>
        </
reference>

But now it shows up twice even if I remove the same block from <catalog_category_layered>.
What am I doing wrong?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bytestorm
Magento Team

Total Posts:  91

do you have ‘is anchor’ option for category enabled?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Spek

Total Posts:  77

Yeah bytestorm, that was indeed the problem but I couldn’t figure it out…
I had removed “best value” from the toolbar, this, together with anchored categories, returns an error. It seemed totally unrelated to me so it took me a while to figure out what the problem was.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@Ben Joostens:
1. you can’t assign same name to 2 blocks
2. both blocks show subcategory list, why do you need them both at the same time?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community