Magento Forum

Multiple Logins per Customer

corradomatt

Total Posts:  161
San Diego, CA

We sell to wholesale business customers who often times have more than 1 individual in charge of purchasing. I wonder how difficult it might be to alter Magento to allow for each buyer to have their own login but have each login tied to 1 customer account.

If you could go that far, maybe the system could be setup to allow for order and shipping confirmations to be emailed to the buyer and all invoices emailed to the accounting department.

Any thoughts on implimentation? Would anyone else out there be interested in this type of functionality?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  10
Bratislava, Slovakia

I thought this could be a commonly requested feature. Having a company as a client with more than one employee who places orders, has to be notified etc. but sharing the same account to see the overall activity… But I haven’t found an answer. Not even a topic on the forums.

We are going to implement it this way:
1. Create our own dedicated email address such as client_name@ourshop.com to use it as a single login email for all involved client’s employees
2. Use this email address for notifications
3. Automatically forward the notification emails to a distribution list with defined real client’s addresses in our SMTP email system

Simple and effective. May not suit to all however, if you for example don’t want to spam client’s accounting department with order notifications but only send invoices. If someone has a better solution, please don’t hesitate.

Magento Community
Magento Community

corradomatt

Total Posts:  161
San Diego, CA

Not a bad idea. I never thought of looking at it this way.

I’m going to have to put some thought into this one. I don’t know if I should do something simple like that or try and write my own extension. I don’t think it would be that hard....but I need to put more thought into it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gimpgearguy

Total Posts:  12

I just found this conversation as I was looking for the same multiuser/multi-contact login for our business and government clients.  Often multiple people need to log into the same account.  Does not seem difficult from a custom module perspective, just move login e-mail address and password to attribute field for contacts/addresses and change the security logic so that when any of the contacts links to the main account login it simply opens up that customer account.  I would love to have a solution like this, did anyone else find an alternative solution?  Any developers out there see this potential for B2B and B2G?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Remco_J

Total Posts:  1

Stil no one who has a solution/extension for this? If not we’re gonna build it ourselves, but i’ve got a strong feeling i’m not the only one in this world with this same problem and wants a good solution.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff_odum

Total Posts:  1

I’ve found two extensions that sort of handle this situation, but neither look to be a perfect fit.

1) http://www.b2b-extensions.com/admin-theme-37.html

Adds a new ‘type’ attribute to customers - ‘customer’ or ‘contact’
‘Customer’ types can have multiple associated contacts.

2) http://www.mageb2b.de/en/magento-extension-sublogin

Adds ‘sub-logins’ to customers.  A ‘sub-login’ has name, pwd, & email fields only.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to try either of them :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community