Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
vbulletin / forum integration

ozi59

Total Posts:  9

There is one way of doing this, but you will need to install Joomla.. but no need to use it on your site. Jfusion has a plugin that allows joomla, phpbb3, Vbulletin, Magento to all use the one registration and login, and its free!.. find them here http://www.jfusion.org

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

Total Posts:  122

i’d love to see integration with kickapps or buddypress for social networking features. kickapps already has a single sign-on modules for wordpress, drupal, and joomla.

http://www.kickdeveloper.com/configure-site-settings/single-sign-on-sso/plugins

http://www.kickdeveloper.com/api/index.php/Category:SSO

Magento Community
Magento Community

ajmiller

Total Posts:  20
Templeton, CA

I am about to start playing with getting vbulletin to work with magento… if anyone else if working on this as well, I’d appreciate any advice.

dont want to go the Joomla plugin route

I found this wiki http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/integrating_3rd_party_cms_content_within_magento

going to see how well it relates to vbulletin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello,

We have integrated VBulletin and Magento and have released the integration as an extension in two versions:
- VBulletin Integration - http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2250/vbulletin-integration
This version enables customers to create product discussion threads, displays the threads in Magento interface, allows customers to post quick replies in Magento interface, so your customers will be able to use VBulletin without having to leave Magento unless they want to use advanced editing features. Also with our solution you do not need to modify VBulletin or its templates (as it is described in wiki article on integration with 3rd party solutions).

- VBulletin Integration Lite (a free version) - http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2316/vbulletin-integration-lite
This version supports transparent authorization between VBulletin and Magento, customers only need to indicate their forum username and password in Magento account once.

We are looking forward to your feedback.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ankit_sam

Total Posts:  34

need

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentazm

Total Posts:  29

AITOC: Do you have a 1.4 compatible version?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mismis

Total Posts:  46

I bought the AITOC Vbulletin integration extension but it is not compatible with Magento 1.4 version. I have asked them for a refund.

That was the answer from AITOC :

“The thing is that the manual was created long before Magento 1.4 appeared. I apologize for the misleading you, now we’ve updated the manual.

As far as I remember in your previous email you also requested some additional modifications. A very approximate project cost is USD1500-3000. To be able to provide an accurate quote we need the list of all work that needs to be done. ”

But I don’t understand their answer because I didn’t ask for some “additional modifications” but just to make it compatible with Magento 1.4.

confused

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam Granger

Total Posts:  65

I could create an extension to achieve this, what version of vBulletin are you using? 3 or 4?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mismis

Version 4. It would be great !

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam Granger

Could you walk me through the functionality you’d like? Purely sharing the same login username/password or do you require a bit more?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mismis

•Allows Customers to discuss products using powerful vBulletin board features right from Magento front-end;
•Shows discussion posts in Magento front-end on the Product Discussion page;
•Supports BB-code, quotes, user avatars, attachments and user signatures;
•One Product has single discussion thread no matter on which Magento Website it is discussed, which is very useful for multi-website Magento owners;
•Gives Admin an option to switch the posts list display style from legacy vertical to standard vBulletin horizontal style;
•Creates “My Forum Posts” tab in logged-in Customer’s area with useful per-forum filter;
•A customer is logged-in and logged-out from both Magento and vBulletin accounts simultaneously;
•Gives Admin an option to replace vBulletin’s complicated registration process with simple registration from Magento front-end;
•Enables Customers to create a forum account that would be associated with their Magento account, yet configured separately;
•Customers can use their forum accounts created before module installation;
•Customer with several Magento accounts can be associated with one vBulletin Member, which is useful for multi-website Magento owners when Customers are shared per website;

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam Granger

Cheers David, I’ll get started tomorrow on this - I will add a url in a later reply where you can follow the development!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mismis

Thank you. Good luck !

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam Granger

Still working on this, hope to have it completed soon! Sorry for not updating.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Russ_T

Total Posts:  2

I’d be interested in this as well! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3