Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
vbulletin / forum integration

dutchbb1979

Total Posts:  9

Hello

I couldn’t find a topic about this so i thought i be first. I think it would be great if the forum userbase could be integrated with the magento userbase. For example, a shared login, so that forum nickname and shop details such a address etc. are linked together.

When a user logs in at the shop he is also logged in at the forum and vice versa. This allows for only one account for a whole site and makes it easier for both users and admins.

What do you think?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

This would be a feature that I would like as well. Anyone else?

Magento Community
Magento Community

CT

Total Posts:  2

This would be a great feature!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dutchbb1979

Bump - is the Magento team even considering this? I’m happy to pay for a plugin if that would be needed.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

I am working on a Magento -> aMember (http://amember.com) integration solution which will open the door for single sign on support like this. If there is enough interest I will release it to the community for free.

Magento Community
Magento Community

provoscooter

Total Posts:  28
Utah

This is definitely something that I would be interested in.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dutchbb1979

skippybosco - 14 October 2008 05:32 AM

I am working on a Magento -> aMember (http://amember.com) integration solution which will open the door for single sign on support like this. If there is enough interest I will release it to the community for free.

Well I would love it and I’m sure once it is released, there will be tons of people who will love it and use it. The vBulletin community is big and the Magento community is getting very big. Admins really need this for their sites. Hopefully it will be released soon, I can’t wait! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Doesn’t anyone see that Varien might infact have plans to come up with their own open source forum? =D

Magento Community
Magento Community

sergio colussi

Total Posts:  12

Ok, so I don’t know if somebody is allready working in a magento-vbulletin or magento-expressionEngine integration, witch of both can be less complex ? I have to investigate about this.
I hope Magento coming soon with a forum tool as module , don’t matter to pay for it smile .

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

I do have the magento -> amember integration working. Since amember has a vbulletin integration plugin it should do what you need.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sergio colussi

Total Posts:  12

that’s great skippybosco wink . Was that a very hard work ? any posibility of see your site. I guess today I have to start with a magento -> amember integration so.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Once I have it integrated with the latest version I will be sharing, most likely for free, via connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Given the upcoming 1.2 release I’ve deferred any further development on amember -> magento.. If I abandon it altogether I’ll figure out a way to release what I have to the community for whatever it is worth.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zorro4444

Total Posts:  4

So what’s the word?  has anyone been able to develop the single login between Magneto and a PHP forum.  I have not been able to find an answer, which normally means no, but I thought I would ask.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Qref

Total Posts:  15

*bump* I, too, need this integration. Any php-based forum, especially vBulletin or phpBB. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SecretSanta

Total Posts:  79

I very much need this too

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3