Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is there a way to force ‘free shipping’ on orders over certain price? 

metsmi

Total Posts:  13

Is there a way to make ‘free shipping’ for orders over $100 forced?

I offer flat rate under $100 and free over $100. But I can’t find a setting to force free shipping when an order is over $100. I don’t want to deal with people ‘accidentally’ choosing the shipping flat rate, paying for it and then asking for refund. Right now both options come up for shipping when checking out.

Is there a setting for this?

Thank you for your help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

metsmi

Would still really appreciate help with this one, if anyone knows how I can do it.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentodrone

Total Posts:  5
New York

This can be done but will require a small piece of code written to hide the two options and keep the correct one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

You can restrict flat rate shipping for orders over $100 with help of Shipping Restrictions module.  Does it work for you?

Magento Community
Magento Community

metsmi

@Amasty, I don’t want o have to purchase yet another extension to do this. I’ll look for other options first.

@magentodrone, would this code have to be written specific, or does it already exist somewhere and I just place it in? I don’t write code and would prefer to keep all expenses down for this.

Seems like there should be a basic setting for something like this, built in to magenta. But there seems to be so very many things I think should be basic settings installed that aren’t. :/

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Have you found a solution?  Probably you need to disable the free shipping method, but create a magento shopping cart rule to discount flat shipping to zero

Magento Community
Magento Community

Monty_iLM
Guru

Total Posts:  450

Hi,

Check this thread also http://addoa.com/blog/how-restrict-free-shipping-magento

Hope this will help you!!

Thanks

Monty
iLoveMage