Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Forgot your user name or password? - seems not to send new password

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

I have forgot the admin password!

Upon having a new password sent to my email address, the system confirms that the password are sent, but I never receive it.
(I have checked the spam folder)

Anyone have the same problem and a solution to this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CougarD

Total Posts:  23

There is an issue with Magento emails receiving a very high spam rating when using spam filtering.

Take a look here…

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6065/

My server runs spamassasin on incoming and outgoing emails. Magento emails score an 8 on the spam scale (super spamtastic!) so the automatic get deleted instead of sent!

I have had to disable outgoing spam filtering to get them out but this is only half of the problem. It is hit and miss for my customers depending on the spam filtering on their end.

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Thanks for the information. At least I am not the only one with this problem.

I have found three issues with the emails.

1.  Emails from Magento Community.  every email from Magento - Open Source eCommerce receives a warning from my antivirus software (avast!) that the email has a suspicious subject.

2.  Emails from the Magento webshop sent to myself:  all emails seem to be blocked at my email hosting company. These are sent through the email servers that belongs to my email account hosting company. They use a ‘standard setup for spam and virues’. I can chose to select an external epost server. Unforunatelely, I have no experence in doing this, and I am not sure what to look for to find a solution.

3.  Emails from the Magento webshop sent to customers:  I assume that any real customers will have the same problem - i.e. that they will not receive the order confirmations etc. from my Magento webshop.

Obviously it is important to find a stable solution for this problem. Unfortunately I lack the knowledge to do anything more than to report the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adam_Shuy

Total Posts:  51
San Jose, CA

I tried the ‘Fogot your password” link in the Admin login web page.  Then I not only did not receive the new password email back ( I checked my ISP mail account), I can not login the Admin panel anymore.  Please help me to make the “Forgot your email” working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

I actually had my hosting company (Simple Helix) help me set up a new password ...

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community