Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable Product Question

BenS

Total Posts:  2

I just watched the screencast on configurable products and it seems very straight forward. I do have one question, however… Can these attributes be dependent on one another? For instance, say you have three main attributes available for one product: style, color, and size. But, not all colors are available in all sizes or styles, and vice versa.

Is it possible to set a product up so when a person selects a style (say t-shirt, as opposed to women’s shirt, hoodie, or other options on the dropdown) the other attributes (size and color) only show what is available for that style? And then when the user picks a color, the size attributes will only display what is available for that color and style?

I hope that wasn’t too confusing. I just don’t want someone to be able to order something that I don’t carry.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

I believe this is currently supported out of the box.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BenS

Total Posts:  2

AWESOME! Thanks Roy!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

Total Posts:  117

I am curious if I could get some help with this. http://www.modebook.com

Take a look at the PDF catalog of my products. You will see why this feature is so important to me to work.

After taking a glance at the document would anyone be wiling to give me some pointers? I would obviously need configurable product mixed with custom options? Just so you know, I don’t need to keep stock on anything.

Here is link to my catalog http://www.modebook.com/ModeBookCoverLayouts.pdf

Please, I will pay you to help me. What would it be worth to someone to help me setup my attributes on one configurable product?

Thanks a bunch

jeff

Magento Community
Magento Community

jogide

Total Posts:  17

Hi Jeff,

how many parameters can you offer in your products ?

Sizes
Materials
etc, etc…

jmacdoug - 11 January 2009 09:03 AM

I am curious if I could get some help with this. http://www.modebook.com

Take a look at the PDF catalog of my products. You will see why this feature is so important to me to work.

After taking a glance at the document would anyone be wiling to give me some pointers? I would obviously need configurable product mixed with custom options? Just so you know, I don’t need to keep stock on anything.

Here is link to my catalog http://www.modebook.com/ModeBookCoverLayouts.pdf

Please, I will pay you to help me. What would it be worth to someone to help me setup my attributes on one configurable product?

Thanks a bunch

jeff

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

Total Posts:  117

OK, here it goes.

Categories (4) but “DECO” is the most important
---DECO
---CANVAS WRAP
---INDUSTRIAL
---CUSTOM THEME

Sizes
4x4
4x5
4x6
5x5
5x7
6x8
6x9
7x10
8x8
8x10
9x9
8x12
9x12
9.5x13
10x10
10x14
10x15
12x12
11x11
11x14
12x16

Modebook Layouts ( see the link in previous post for ModeBokoCoverLayouts.pdf )
Notice in the PDF catalog that there is 3 sets of layout combinations (square, vertical and horizontal)

Squares would be for 4x4, 5x5,8x8,9x9,10x10,11x11,12x12

Horizontal & vertical would apply to any of the other sizes as they are available in both.

Here is the kicker...if you look at the skus in my catalog, notice sq1, sq2, sq3.. there are ceretain options available on various sizes. Not all sizes can use the same options.

Here are the other parameters…

I have 4 sets of materials each with about 20 choices each.

Also, hot stamping on the cover

Sorry, but this is really crazy!!!

Should I go on or is this out of reach?

Thanks for your time…

Jeff

PM me if you think we should talk on the phone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jogide

Total Posts:  17

First of all:  if you want all your products in one configurable product, you need many products as combinations can do. I don’t know if this can be very large..... If it’s very complicated, you can opt. for custom attributes.

Sorry for my translation (i’m català smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community