Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Shop By” box on the left side of category pages. 

Brett

Total Posts:  121

http://demo.magentocommerce.com/bed-and-bath/living-room

You can see it there on the left side.

it says Shop By.

I must be doing something wrong here or overlooking something!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Sorry, but what is your question? Are you asking how to get the ‘Shop By’ Navigation to appear? If that is the case you need to set the category anchor to yes (edit a category).

Cheers
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brett

Total Posts:  121

Sorry, I was kinda tired when I made that post wink That’s exactly what I was looking for, thanks. Is there any way for me to change the options? For example, I have a sub-category and it lists “Categories” in the “Shop By” box. Is there any way for me to remove the “Categories” specification?

*edit*

I apologize, that was yet another stupid question. All I had to do was edit the attribute “Manufacturer”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

avintel

Total Posts:  147
Southern California

i am looking all over for a thread to do a left side manufacturer list.  a couple threads start that questions but then focus on left side navigation.  i just want to shop by manufacturer list on left side which is an attribute.

also, a landing or cms page where they can “view all manufacturers” and go to a page where a list of logo’s or manufacturer names will take them to the corresponding manufacuteres.

Finally, it would be cool to also filter by a selection of manufacturers.  so, if you want to see all lcd’s by sony, samsung and toshiba only.  but this is not that important.  just a topic starter if someone has a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

avintel - 23 March 2009 06:45 PM

i just want to shop by manufacturer list on left side which is an attribute.

also, a landing or cms page where they can “view all manufacturers” and go to a page where a list of logo’s or manufacturer names will take them to the corresponding manufacuteres.

Finally, it would be cool to also filter by a selection of manufacturers.  so, if you want to see all lcd’s by sony, samsung and toshiba only.

All mentioned features (landing pages for manufacturers, list of all brands, ability to filter by multiply brands simultaneously) are packed into market leading Improved Navigation extension.

Image Attachments
shop-by-brands.pngdifferent-types.pngall-brands.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Shop by Manufacturer by FME

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/shop-by-manufacturers.html

Magento Community