Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cannot Change Product Attribute Set After Creating Product? 

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hey All,

I noticed the functionality to change a product’s attribute set is only possible PRIOR to saving it as a new product. To edit an existing product’s attribute set, there is no built-in functionality?

Is this correct?

We could easily go in and change the database values via a SQL statement or two - but we want our clients to be able to change the product’s attribute set to an existing product.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Total Posts:  166
Sacramento, CA

I think that being able to change attribute sets after creation is a must have.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cshontz

Total Posts:  91

This is a problem for me now - after the initial import of almost 6,000 SKU’s my intent was to put them all in as “default”, and then gradually configure attribute sets over time. The import is finished, but all attribute sets are default.

I think my best bet is to write script outside of Magento, and alter the database directly on an as-needed basis. Does anyone have any information as to what tables and columns are affected by attribute sets?

Magento Community
Magento Community

FetchDesigns

Total Posts:  124
Chicago, IL

I agree, this is a very important feature that is missing.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community