Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Can magento handle returns and exchanges?

FetchDesigns

Total Posts:  124
Chicago, IL

Does Magento have the capabilities to handle product returns and/or exchanges for previous orders?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

There is an RMA system on the roadmap but for the moment it seems that all we have is the ability to issue a credit memo. I wonder if we can edit orders to get around this. I haven’t checked this out yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jdk410

Total Posts:  39

RMA functionality is totally required.  I am so impressed with all the functionality in Magento.  Magento offers a great experience for the customer - the lack of an integrated RMA request option is one of the only things missing in the customer experience.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Compuland
Guru

Total Posts:  374
Denmark

jdk410 - 10 June 2008 08:27 PM

RMA functionality is totally required.  I am so impressed with all the functionality in Magento.  Magento offers a great experience for the customer - the lack of an integrated RMA request option is one of the only things missing in the customer experience.

Thanks

i’ll second that

Magento Community
Magento Community

Eminent Style

Total Posts:  86
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom

If anyone from Magento is listening, hint hint!

For the record, I third that!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

It is included.  It is called a credit memo.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Eminent Style

Total Posts:  86
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom

@incognito, there is no way for the customer to initiate that on the Magento system though short of contacting them in the usual way (phone / contact form). e.g. there should be a way to fill in a form on the site or go into my orders and click a return button or something.

Or have a I missed something?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

Would definitely make a good extensions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopMagCart

Total Posts:  70

Eminent Style - 14 September 2009 02:21 AM

If anyone from Magento is listening, hint hint!

For the record, I third that!

I would guess if the Magento developers were going to implement such a feature, we would see it in the Enterprise edition.  Hopefully someone in the community will develop an extension which puts it in financial reach for the rest of us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CharliePinglass

Total Posts:  12

+1 to this request

Magento Community
Magento Community

osd247

Total Posts:  3

Would be a great addition. As ShopMagCart says, community extention development would be the best way for us to impliment it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigmag

Total Posts:  63

I considered purchasing the Enterprise Edition before opting for the Community version. I didn’t see enough value in the differences between the two versions. This has a lot to do with the simplicity of my business perhaps.

I asked a Varien sales rep about the RMA system (it was on the Magento Roadmap at that time) in a list of questions that I sent during my evaluation:

June 2009:

Will the features on the Roadmap, like RMA and other stuff be added to the Community version, or should I be on the Pro version to get these features first?

>> RMA will be released through the Enterprise Edition only in the next two quarters.

I would be interested to hear of a community extension, if done correctly it would certainly be worth a few hundred dollars.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Costa

Total Posts:  56
Shenzhen China

Can someone post some reviews on www.magento-rma.com module?

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

LostDocs7

Total Posts:  31

aheadWorks just released RMA extenion http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/aheadWorks/extension/5262/rma

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aaron AA

Total Posts:  1

bigmag - 30 September 2009 09:32 AM

I considered purchasing the Enterprise Edition before opting for the Community version. I didn’t see enough value in the differences between the two versions. This has a lot to do with the simplicity of my business perhaps.

I asked a Varien sales rep about the RMA system (it was on the Magento Roadmap at that time) in a list of questions that I sent during my evaluation:

June 2009:

Will the features on the Roadmap, like RMA and other stuff be added to the Community version, or should I be on the Pro version to get these features first?

>> RMA will be released through the Enterprise Edition only in the next two quarters.

I would be interested to hear of a community extension, if done correctly it would certainly be worth a few hundred dollars.

Did Varien hold their promise to deliver RMA in the next 2 quarters after June 2009?

Looking through the spec for Enterprise, the only mention of RMA I can see is the ‘rma’ in performance ;)

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonas18

Total Posts:  18

Is there a free version out there???

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2