Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how likely (when) can Magento runs on production environment

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Been busy with other project and haven’t get a good chance to play with Magento, but I have a question regarding the realistic timeframe for Magento to run on production enviornment. I aware that Roy mentioned about early 2008, but we all know this can be early or late :(

Have a project that I really wanted to use Magento, and client is willing to wait till December if he can see his site semi-done and able to have one product page up to allow him to sell something (there is a non-holiday reason for wanting it be December). I am in limbo, I highly recommended him to wait but told him to choose other eCommerce option (not a bad choice actually - Modx + Foxycart) . He took a good look on both, and wanted to go with this sweet ‘M’.

Now I feel I am risking my reputation in recommending him Magento because of his expectatioin on delivery date. It’s not a complicated eCommerce site like Amazon, and what he needs right now is very simple and straightforward, I wonder, with the feedback and bug reports you guys were getting, is there a more accurate timeframe that you can give for a stable version to be released ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

Currently the goal is some time in Early 2008. Realistically though, likely to be sometime in Q2 of 2008. wink

Of course, as Magento matures it will become more stable, but there are still many features to add and new features being thought up on the go. So it will still take some time as of yet to incorporate all these features.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community