Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem with checkout

Penski

Total Posts:  7

Hello,

i have following these steps. But it doenst works for me. Could some one help me please?

1. Go to /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment.phtml

and change this (line 36 for me)

<fieldset>
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml(\'methods\') ?>
</fieldset>

to this

<fieldset id=\"checkout-payment-method-load\">
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml(\'methods\') ?>
</fieldset>

2. Open app/design/frontend/default/mobileshoppe/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml

Find this line:

review = new Review(\’<?php echo $this->getUrl(\'checkout/onepage/saveOrder\') ?>\’, \’<?php echo $this->getUrl(\'checkout/onepage/success\') ?>\’, $(\’checkout-agreements\’));

and change it to

review = new Review(\’<?php echo $this->getUrl(\’checkout/onepage/saveOrder\’, array(\’

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pcsinu

Total Posts:  2

My one page checkout was not working at the last step ‘Order Review’ when I upgrade magento from 1.7 to 1.8

in that case open your info.phtml , the path will be like app/design/frontend/../../template/checkout/onepage/reviewinfo.phtml

The script part at the end of the page makes the problem ,please replace it with the one in 1.7 ie

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
review = new Review(’<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder', array('form_key' =>

Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey())) ?>’, ‘<?php echo

$this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>’, $(’checkout-agreements’));
//]]>
</script>

It worked fine for me

Magento Community
Magento Community

pcsinu

WORKED FOR ME

pcsinu - 25 October 2013 09:34 PM

My one page checkout was not working at the last step ‘Order Review’ when I upgrade magento from 1.7 to 1.8

in that case open your info.phtml , the path will be like app/design/frontend/../../template/checkout/onepage/reviewinfo.phtml

The script part at the end of the page makes the problem ,please replace it with the one in 1.7 ie

//<![CDATA[
review = new Review(’<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder', array('form_key' =>

Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey())) ?>’, ‘<?php echo

$this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>’, $(’checkout-agreements’));
//]]>
</script>

It worked fine for me

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello guys,

We would like to advise you to use our LightCheckout extension, which is compatible with Magento version 1.8.

It will make your checkout page more comfortable and fast for the customers. LightCheckout extension supports a responsive design and it helps to increase the sales, because most of the customers use mobile devices every day and place orders using them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ileaddigital

Total Posts:  16

procomputer - 30 September 2013 03:39 AM

Hi,

I finaly found the problem. Go to “/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment.phtm” open it, line 36, and change :

<fieldset>

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('methods'?>
</fieldset>

To :

<fieldset id="checkout-payment-method-load">

</fieldset>

Great work man..It is the right solution

Magento Community
Magento Community

tompaulson

I am having the problem where got to the point were when i go to place order - it just spins, then stays there no “success”

i have the site in test mode - here - http://srdgearc.nextmp.net/ with no payment required - can someone test please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

anTon1337

Thank u! A hug from me too for the support.
I had the same problem, and i manged to fix it. My Problem was that my template based on 1.7.
i added all *.phtml from 1.8 \checkout\onepage - for example the progress dir

than i replace and append some lines in the checkout.xml - thers diffrents between 1.7 and 1.8.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KAWinch

Total Posts:  7

robchristiansen - 23 October 2013 05:38 PM

Here’s the summary I provided to the others at my company. Does anybody know how this issue made it into a “stable” release? I’m resisting the calls from management to switch to another platform, but any insights or explanations would be helpful.

1. I finally had a breakthrough when looking at the search results for “magento “1.8.0” upgrade checkout”

2. This lead me to this article: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/610464/.

3. That article describes fixes to both:
app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment.phtml

app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml

4. The change to payment.phml did not seem to make any difference. I made the outlined edit to line 78 of info.phtml

Installed bad code:
review = new Review(’<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder', array('form_key' => Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey())) ?>’,
‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>’, $(’checkout-agreements’));

Proposed fix code:
review = new Review(’<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder') ?>’, ‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>’, $(’checkout
-agreements’));

5. I cleared the Magento cache and reloaded the page. No change.

Reading through the comments, it seemed likely that our ‘[custom]’ theme also implements the info.phtml code. I found the file in:
app/design/frontend/[custom]/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml
Interestingly, our [custom] template DID include the correct code snippet however it had been commented out with a surrounding CDATA statement at some point by somebody.

I deleted the [custom] version of info.phtml, cleared the cache, and reloaded the checkout page and was pleasantly surprised that the order went through.

If it becomes necessary to revert any of my changes I did create copies of the files before I changed anything. The files are:
./public_html/app/design/frontend/[custom]/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info_20131022.phtml
./app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info_20131022.phtml
./app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment_20131022.phtml

I did Everything like him, but it still wasn’t working. Solution for my problem was that in my “custom” theme the “Button” file wasn’t integrated so I did integrate it and then it worked fine for me.

!

Magento Community
Magento Community

guessous

Hi friends I meet a little problem after upgrade Version 1.7 to 1.8
The PROGRESS block does not work please help me
and thank you http://www.funnybeauty.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

claredotcom

Total Posts:  6

robchristiansen - 23 October 2013 05:38 PM
Here’s the summary I provided to the others at my company. Does anybody know how this issue made it into a “stable” release? I’m resisting the calls from management to switch to another platform, but any insights or explanations would be helpful.

1. I finally had a breakthrough when looking at the search results for “magento “1.8.0” upgrade checkout”

2. This lead me to this article: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/610464/.

3. That article describes fixes to both:
app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment.phtml

app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml

4. The change to payment.phml did not seem to make any difference. I made the outlined edit to line 78 of info.phtml

Installed bad code:
review = new Review(’<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder', array('form_key' => Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey())) ?>’,
‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>’, $(’checkout-agreements’));

Proposed fix code:
review = new Review(’<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder') ?>’, ‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>’, $(’checkout
-agreements’));

5. I cleared the Magento cache and reloaded the page. No change.

Reading through the comments, it seemed likely that our ‘[custom]’ theme also implements the info.phtml code. I found the file in:
app/design/frontend/[custom]/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml
Interestingly, our [custom] template DID include the correct code snippet however it had been commented out with a surrounding CDATA statement at some point by somebody.

I deleted the [custom] version of info.phtml, cleared the cache, and reloaded the checkout page and was pleasantly surprised that the order went through.

!

I’ve done the steps above and still can’t get an order to go through using a theme - can anyone help? Can’t believe a bug this fundemental was allowed through as stable.

Thank you!
C.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Charles_MS

Total Posts:  87

Hi guys,

This latest Checkout extension is absolutely work with Magento 1.8. Let’s try it!
Magento One Page Checkouthttp://magentoonepagecheckout.org/

Besides, you can find many useful articles, user-guide, tips, configurations, ... in this Blog. Update 2-3 times/week!

Best.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zures

Total Posts:  1

procomputer - 30 September 2013 03:39 AM

Hi,

I finaly found the problem. Go to “/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment.phtm” open it, line 36, and change :

<fieldset>

</fieldset>

To :

<fieldset id="checkout-payment-method-load">

</fieldset>

It work. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

yoshi2000

Total Posts:  1

I have a custom theme. So I am not too sure how to change the onepage.phtml

This is what I have for code at the bottom:

//<![CDATA[
var accordion = new Accordion(’checkoutSteps’, ‘.step-title’, true);
<?php if($this->getActiveStep()): ?>
accordion.openSection(’opc-<?php echo $this->getActiveStep() ?>’);
<?php endif ?>
var checkout = new Checkout(accordion,{
progress: ‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/progress') ?>’,
review: ‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/review') ?>’,
saveMethod: ‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveMethod') ?>’,
failure: ‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/cart') ?>’}
);
//]]>
</script>

Any ideas? Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mykkal

Total Posts:  17

KAWinch - 19 November 2013 08:25 AM

I did Everything like him, but it still wasn’t working. Solution for my problem was that in my “custom” theme the “Button” file wasn’t integrated so I did integrate it and then it worked fine for me.

!

What do you mean by integrated the button? I think that is my problem too. I have no continue button on step four of the checkout process. http://MyForeverHair.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

If anyone still has the issue, you can contact GoMage technical support: support@gomage.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community