Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Problem with checkout

ddnkade

Total Posts:  1

Many thaks all

Kaos

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

silicondales

Total Posts:  5

After upgrade, had 2 issues, one VERY important, one less so:

1) Checkout not working !!!
2) The Checkout Progress section not working (left hand side)

Fixed issue one with the fix listed here - it worked - MANY THANKS, saved me some headaches.

BUT, would be firing on all cylinders if the “Checkout Progress” section was also working. Does anyone know what changed to make this not work in the recent upgrade? Is there a fix for this bit anywhere? I found one, but it wasn’t quite right (older version) - but I’m sure it was in the right ballpark (Checkout Progress disappearing after upgrade).

In any case, if I find a fix for issue 2 (when!) I will post here so we can all have shops which have working payment areas… Fairly important part!

Magento Community
Magento Community

krassismenous

It would be good if we had some input from Magento on this rather serious matter.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AntaresMHD

Total Posts:  10

For those still experiencing this issue:
While I haven’t fully located which file is causing the problem (yet), the folder causing it is within app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review. If you’re using a custom template, I’d suggest renaming or replacing the folder /review, allowing the base template to override it with the changes. As soon as I figure out which of the files is causing the issue, I’ll edit this post with the info.

Magento Community
Magento Community

spicynemo

Total Posts:  2

I have tried the above fix to “payment.phtml” and the checkout progresses to the submit order page but when you click on the button to submit the order it starts to process then stops and does nothing further and order has not been submitted on the backend.

Any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

BigLarry

I’m still having issues whereby customers cannot get passed the final stage of checkout, it looks like it is submitting but then nothing happens.

I have tried the above steps of removing the review folder in my custom template but it still doesn’t work.

Thanks,

Larry

Magento Community
Magento Community

saimirzeneli

Total Posts:  1

bigmagic - 06 October 2013 01:30 AM

bigmagic - 06 October 2013 12:04 AM
I have tested a fresh install and I have installed only my template. the checkout issue appears now. So the problem comes from my template.

Ok I have found where was my problem.

diff -bur base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml default/<templatename>/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml
--- base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml    2013-09-24 11:20:24.000000000 +0200
+++ default/<templatename>/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml    2013-10-06 12:06:26.000000000 +0200

@@ -78,+89,@@
     </
div>
     <
script type="text/javascript">

//<![CDATA[
-        review = new Review('<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder', array('form_key' => Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey())) ?>',

'<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>', $('checkout-agreements'));
+        
review = new Review('<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder') ?>''<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>', $('checkout
-agreements'
));

//]]>

</script>

</div>

Now It is working !

This was the solution for me. Thank you!

Just take the original info.phtml file from Magento 1.8 installation and replace it with your file, or just replace the code in your template info.phtml.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rikicre

Total Posts:  27

saimirzeneli - 09 October 2013 01:46 AM

bigmagic - 06 October 2013 01:30 AM
bigmagic - 06 October 2013 12:04 AM
I have tested a fresh install and I have installed only my template. the checkout issue appears now. So the problem comes from my template.

Ok I have found where was my problem.

diff -bur base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml default/<templatename>/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml
--- base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml    2013-09-24 11:20:24.000000000 +0200
+++ default/<templatename>/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml    2013-10-06 12:06:26.000000000 +0200

@@ -78,+89,@@
     </
div>
     <
script type="text/javascript">

//<![CDATA[
-        review = new Review('<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder', array('form_key' => Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey())) ?>',

'<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>', $('checkout-agreements'));
+        
review = new Review('<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder') ?>''<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>', $('checkout
-agreements'
));

//]]>

</script>

</div>

Now It is working !

This was the solution for me. Thank you!

Just take the original info.phtml file from Magento 1.8 installation and replace it with your file, or just replace the code in your template info.phtml.

Hi!
I have the same problem: in checkout the Checkout Progress section desappears after a few second.
I’m a little bit dummy, but I haven’t understood if to solve the problem i have to copy in pp\design\frontend\default\<custom theme>\template\checkout\onepage\review the info.phtml file.....
thank you for your help!
riccardo

Magento Community
Magento Community

BigLarry

I’m the same, don’t understand what to copy over what?

The contents of:

app/design/frontend/default/custom-template/template/checkout/onepage/review

copied over:

app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review

Or the other way round?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rBrody

Total Posts:  7

For a great user experience at your checkout, on your Magento site, you should try Zooz Web Checkout EXPRESS Paymentâ„¢ Extension.

The extension optimizes the checkout process, and boosts the chances of the user completing the transaction successfully.

Your goal, as merchants of e-commerce stores: to make the checkout process as smooth as possible, and minimize friction that could cause shopping cart abandonment.

Find out more about Zooz’s payment solution http://www.zooz.com, or go directly to Magento Connect to download the extension http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/.

To send us your contact information directly, visit http://bit.ly/1gYF9mm.

Magento Community
Magento Community

z3ppelin

Total Posts:  2
Bucharest

I had a problem when payment step was not updating properly after clicking “Continue” in shipping step.

My theme was overrideing the checkout.xml layout and I had to replace the first part with the second one in the <checkout_onepage_index> handler due some template changes that occured in 1.8

<block type="checkout/onepage_payment" name="checkout.onepage.payment" as="payment" template="checkout/onepage/payment.phtml">
    <
block type="checkout/onepage_payment_methods" name="checkout.payment.methods" as="methods" template="checkout/onepage/payment/methods.phtml">
        <
action method="setMethodFormTemplate"><method>purchaseorder</method><template>payment/form/purchaseorder.phtml</template></action>
     </
block>
 </
block>

<block type="checkout/onepage_payment" name="checkout.onepage.payment" as="payment" template="checkout/onepage/payment.phtml">
    <
block type="checkout/onepage_payment_methods" name="checkout.payment.methods" as="methods" template="checkout/onepage/payment/info.phtml">
        <
action method="setMethodFormTemplate"><method>purchaseorder</method><template>payment/form/purchaseorder.phtml</template></action>
     </
block>
</
block>

Note that the methods.phtml template was changed with info.phtml. The opcheckout js could not find the ‘checkout-payment-method-load’ id to update cause it was placed in the new info.phtml template.

Hope it helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

LissaCoffey

usa

I will be starting testing the upgrade from 1.7.0.2 to the CE 1.8

Magento Community
Magento Community

surajpatil

Total Posts:  6

Thanks a lot dear, it worked for me, one hug from me for ur support

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

Having noticed the issues with your checkout page, we would like to suggest our help and suggest you to try our LightCheckout extension that has all the step on the same checkout page, and it makes the checkout process more comfortable and fast for your customers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

robchristiansen

Total Posts:  3

Here’s the summary I provided to the others at my company. Does anybody know how this issue made it into a “stable” release? I’m resisting the calls from management to switch to another platform, but any insights or explanations would be helpful.

1. I finally had a breakthrough when looking at the search results for “magento “1.8.0” upgrade checkout”

2. This lead me to this article: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/610464/.

3. That article describes fixes to both:
app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment.phtml

app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml

4. The change to payment.phml did not seem to make any difference. I made the outlined edit to line 78 of info.phtml

Installed bad code:
review = new Review(’<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder', array('form_key' => Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey())) ?>’,
‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>’, $(’checkout-agreements’));

Proposed fix code:
review = new Review(’<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder') ?>’, ‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>’, $(’checkout
-agreements’));

5. I cleared the Magento cache and reloaded the page. No change.

Reading through the comments, it seemed likely that our ‘[custom]’ theme also implements the info.phtml code. I found the file in:
app/design/frontend/[custom]/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml
Interestingly, our [custom] template DID include the correct code snippet however it had been commented out with a surrounding CDATA statement at some point by somebody.

I deleted the [custom] version of info.phtml, cleared the cache, and reloaded the checkout page and was pleasantly surprised that the order went through.

If it becomes necessary to revert any of my changes I did create copies of the files before I changed anything. The files are:
./public_html/app/design/frontend/[custom]/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info_20131022.phtml
./app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info_20131022.phtml
./app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment_20131022.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4