Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

What do you actually do to get Fed-Ex rates working? 

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

Hi

I’m confused. With our normal Fed-Ex Account No plugged into the Fed-Ex Shipping Methods section in Magento, I get good live rates from Fed-Ex.

But reading up on the info from Fed-Ex I need to get a developers key for test before moving into Production. This is all new to me.

When I try the Test Account number from the Developer’s key that I’ve received, I no longer get rates back, just an error. I think i could be using the wrong number somehow but its not clear which to use, I have a Test security Code, Test Account No., Test Meter number.

As Magento is a fully fledged ‘tested ‘ system, ie I’m not creating my own module, or customisation this, does it mean I should just apply for a Production key as the code testing has already been done, I would think ... ?

Also, how come my std Fed-Ex account number works anyway, before I even signed up to their Developer program?

Hope someone can make some sense of this ..

Cheers

Julian Robbins

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community