Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Login, add to cart … with images… need help

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

Hi all

I’m searching for a recent answer about my question, any thread are very old and I think that now the job is a little bit different

I trying to put any icons in the top links for login, account etc. but I cannot understand if the right way is edit links.phtml or the boxes.css

also I’m interested to have a image button for “add to cart” button like shows here

http://www.magentocommerce.com/images/uploads/mag-product-tiers.jpg

Does anybody help me?

thanks a lot

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

Links.phtml will automatically generate the link content so to add different individual links might be difficult since each separate link is not given a unique class to identify it with.  To do the add to cart button that would be easiest with CSS.  Just create a background-image I would think with whatever class that is.  One possible way to do the top links are to find out what actual php calls there are to create the links to get each item and use those to get the dynamic information but allow you more placement options then just generating the links and making the same icon for each.

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

alistek - 11 April 2008 06:12 AM

Links.phtml will automatically generate the link content so to add different individual links might be difficult since each separate link is not given a unique class to identify it with.  To do the add to cart button that would be easiest with CSS.  Just create a background-image I would think with whatever class that is.  One possible way to do the top links are to find out what actual php calls there are to create the links to get each item and use those to get the dynamic information but allow you more placement options then just generating the links and making the same icon for each.

-Adam

THanks Adam
I’ve seen that links at the top change and they have not an identifier ...
for the add to cart button ... I will try now, thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community