Magento Forum

Delete an attribute associated with a configurable product? 

flowstack

Total Posts:  159
London, United Kingdom

Say you have a configurable product with 2 configurable attributes, size and colour.

How would I delete colour without having to delete the entire configurable product and associated simple products?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dipu

Total Posts:  1

I need the solution too

Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

You will need to check attribute those are assign to configurable products. GO to admin->catalog->Attribute Management->Manage attribute->select attribute like “Color”

And select option to “No” from “Use To Create Configurable Product” dropdown.

You will see that “Color “attribute is removing to the configurable product.

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris A

Total Posts:  1

This is good if you have not created a configurable product. In my case, I have already created them but wish to remove one attribute, say color from showing on the product page. How do i do it without having to delete this particular configurable product and recreating it all over again? Do I need some tweaking on the MySQL side?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Esty

Total Posts:  39
Toronto, Canada

Go to table catalog_product_super_attribute and search with the condition product_id=<id of your configurable product>.

This will list all the attributes associated with this particular configurable product. Find the record with the corresponding attribute_id and delete it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Esty

Total Posts:  39
Toronto, Canada

Go to table catalog_product_super_attribute and search with the condition product_id=<id of your configurable product>.

This will list all the attributes associated with this particular configurable product. Find the record with the corresponding attribute_id and delete it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mahrukhstee

Total Posts:  4

Chris A - 14 February 2011 04:12 AM

This is good if you have not created a configurable product. In my case, I have already created them but wish to remove one attribute, say color from showing on the product page. How do i do it without having to delete this particular configurable product and recreating it all over again? Do I need some tweaking on the MySQL side?

If you don’t want an attribute to show up on the product page, you can set ‘Visible on Product View Page on Front-end’ to ‘No’ in the manage attributes.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community