Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Hosting in France

leeaston

Total Posts:  77
France

Sorry for posting in English, I speak some French but do not write it.

I am looking for a good France based hosting company for magento, any suggestions?

Merci
Lee

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Wens

Total Posts:  1

Hi Lee

There is several hosting company which could correspond to your demand, but OVH (http://www.ovh.com) can be a good solution, their offers have a good ration between price and hosting. If you are familiar with configuration of production server and administration it’s great.
Just be careful with non-dedicated server to be sure to have the basics requirements for magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

leeaston

Total Posts:  77
France

Thanks very much for the info, I’ll take a look.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

I am just curious as to whether US host is suitable for you? wink

By the way, have you found your host? smile

Je suis curieux de savoir si les États-Unis d’accueil est idéale pour vous? wink

D’ailleurs, avez-vous trouvé votre hôte? smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

ETM74190

Total Posts:  13
France - Haute Savoie near Chamonix and Geneva

leeaston - 10 April 2008 11:51 AM

Sorry for posting in English, I speak some French but do not write it.

I am looking for a good France based hosting company for magento, any suggestions?

Merci
Lee

Hi Lee,

May be it is late now, but we work with a Swiss hosting company since 8 years now which is called Informaniak. I’m based in France just near Switzerland.

It offer only a single product but at a very competitive price, and a very good rate of performance.

As a partner with them, we are the link with them for all your request and we can help you in Magento Commerce Intallation. For more information, do not hesitate to contact me by PM.

Regards
Lionel

Magento Community
Magento Community

outre99

Total Posts:  16

Stay away from OVH in France.  In my entire professional life i have never experienced worse customer service, lack of competence, and just absolutely no desire to help their customers.
We worked for a French company who insisted on using OVH since their previous site was hosted there.  So we upgraded their account to VPS and that’s where the problems started.  Out of the box VPS did not have a proper control panel.  We purchased an add-on Plesk license to help us configure the server.  Except that we just couldn’t get it to work.  So we called OVH in France.  But besides the contempt for us for not speaking French we got nothing.  When we called OVH office in England we were told that they could not talk to us because we were French customers.  So we had to get a french speaking friend to call the french office again.  And after 8 call bounces we were finally informed that even though we paid for the Plesk license we had to install Plesk ourselves.
And to add insult to injury their customer support phone number was a toll line, so the call cost us over 20 Euro.
Stay away from OVH.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Knel

Total Posts:  183

Post delete - Post supprimé

Magento Community
Magento Community

che8831

Total Posts:  2

I just want to have a French Hosting too, thanks for your kind advice.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TutorialMagento

Total Posts:  133

As you know, Magento is a resource demanding platform, so you need to choose a hosting that is optimized for Magento code or your website will be very slow. A VPS or dedicated server is highly recommended, however if your business is new, you can try using Shared hosting and update it later
About hosting in France, you just need hosting based in EU, load speed is good enough for France based website.
Take a look at this article, all these hosting are optimized for Magento and have good speed
http://tutorialmagento.com/top-5-affordable-magento-hosting

Magento Community
Magento Community

Boutik Circus

Total Posts:  72
France

FYI, we provide French Hosting optimise for Magento. We manage currently around 100 magento websites. It is a Cloud Hosting (VPS) based an the Gandi.net infrastucture. You can contact us on our website.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Total Posts:  91

Since I already had many magento projects up and running live in EU, I highly recommend you use SiteGround magento Hosting package. It must be a package for magento not just general hosting so that you can make sure it will work well with magento. Other than that they are hosting a hundred thousand of customers on the globe what need the very high quality to keep them happy, so that you can make sure that they have all of tools and experience for magento what you need to get you site work well.

Hope it help.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community