Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Show the Layered Navigation on the Home Page

roco

Total Posts:  191

WAIT!!!!

I have read the WIKI, Forum, Knowledge Base, etc etc.  and have not found an explanation for this that makes sense or that works.  What is the process here?  I have 300 products in a root > product type > type category and I am not seeing the neat little SHOP BY category box anywhere?

Ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

Total Posts:  74

I’m looking for the same. I had it in .9xxx but in 1.0 it doesn’t work anymore. tongue laugh

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Now if I could just figure out how to get the Layered Naviagtion to show up on the home page?????

Magento Community
Magento Community

Principe

Total Posts:  1

Hi,
i have 5 categories, and about 5 products placed into certain categories. How to display category navigation on home page ??

Magento Community
Magento Community

Phipps

Total Posts:  3

I would love the “simple” answer to this to.  I have categories and the categories show nicely at the top of the Homepage.  However, I can’t figure out how to show the “layered navigation” on the product pages (or homepage).  The screencast on layered navigation is helpful for attributes, but doesn’t cover how to get the layered navigation block to even show up in the first place…

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Phipps, I have the same question.  It seems like it should be an easy answer............. we just haven’t figured it out yet. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Phipps

Total Posts:  3

Solution:  got to System -> Manage Stores.
Select your store and then choose a Root Category for the store.  That turned on everything for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

smkjr

Total Posts:  10

Any luck with getting the layered navigation to appear on the home page?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Morales2k

Total Posts:  2

Solution posted by phipps does not work for me. Did it help anyone else!?

I have only one category with two products, so I went to System>ManageStores and selected my store, and in there I selected the one category i got running with two products… nothing new shows up on my homepage.

If I hit the sitemap, there are no categories showing up, and there are two products (as it should be) if I browse by product… HOWEVER, this does not help navigation if a customer enters the site through homepage and cannot see any navigational aids… something is wrong… but what!?

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

Phipps - 18 April 2008 10:27 AM

Solution:  got to System -> Manage Stores.
Select your store and then choose a Root Category for the store.  That turned on everything for me.

Didn’t work for me either.

I have a root category selected with many categories and products but no layered navigation on homepage. was able to find info for vertical category navigation with subcategories on homepage.See it here.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community