Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Edit

Triplefin

Total Posts:  1

Hey, we are setting up our first store and started with a few products.  When we go to “Edit” the product, the url shows

index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/4/

but the page is blank (nothing but the Magento Admin Panel logo). 

Am I doing something wrong, do I need to set something up to make the Edit feature work?  We’re attempting to Edit the product from the Catalog/Manage Products/ page.  This page lists our four products and has an “Edit” action button on the far right of the page.

Appreciate your support, thanks.
Greg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

Someone else on this forum ran into this very same behavior and it was very strange as I believe it might be a bug.  The code stopped processing at a echo date line in the code.  We took that out and the form loaded correctly.  You can try that also, if I had to guess it must be something similar in your configurations that is causing the line to error out.

<?php echo $this->formatDate(null'long'?>

This was in the file:
design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/html/header.phtml

-Adam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community