Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
How to use this extension? 

factfinder

Total Posts:  37
Pforzheim, Germany

Hi.
Sorry, there is no such feature at the moment.
Currently there is no time in developing that extension further.

Cheers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

intrepidws

Total Posts:  9

subseven - 04 November 2010 05:43 AM

I already have tried “category_first_level” with default “-1” and “1” with the same result.

I also noticed that changing the value of “category_first_level” in the XML didn’t seem to have any effect. Regardless of what number that I put in place, the CSV would always show the “Root Catalog > “ portion of the category, which I didn’t want.

After digging into the /app/code/community/Omikron/ExportExtension/Model/Modifier.php file, I realized that there is an error. There are two ways to fix it.

1. In the Profile Actions XML, change the reference to “category_first_level” to instead be “first_category_level”
2. In Modifier.php, change the reference to “first_category_level” to instead be “category_first_level”

I chose the second option and modified the PHP file, so that all of the category options in the XML would begin with “category_”. Either solution would work fine though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tayomayo

Total Posts:  6

Hello, i’m realy interested on this extension…

Could I install it on magento 1.6?
If yes, may I have a download link?

Thanks in advance,
Cristian

Magento Community
Magento Community

factfinder

Total Posts:  37
Pforzheim, Germany

fevis - 31 May 2012 12:19 AM

You need to fix the variable: category delimiter. In Magento XML parser you have the var “category_path_delimiter”. In “Modifier.php” you have the variable “category_delimiter”.

@fevis: this are two different variables - one to separate the complete paths (for multiple paths) and one to separate the categories inside the path.

@all
I now published it on github. please feel free to contribute, I try to pull it as often as possible and publish it afterwards on magento connect:
https://github.com/rudibatt/Magento-ExportExtension

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonade

Total Posts:  1

I’m having a issue with the extension that it just repeats the categories names

It exports fine, and includes the names of the categories for the first product, but then it uses (incorrectly) these categories over and over again for every other product being exported.

Magento Community
Magento Community

insanityinside

Total Posts:  3

After searching and finding nothing that met my needs, I found this which did the categories, but I still needed to get access to the child SKUs on an export for batch importing elsewhere via Magmi or similar. I’ve done a full writeup on a blog entry, but the short version is that I’ve added the ability to export both child SKUs of configurable products, and parent SKUs of simple products that are part of a child.

Usage is the same as the original extension, with the addition of a few options at the bottom:

<action method="unparse" type="exportextension/modifier">
    <var 
name="remove_line_breaks">true</var>
    <var 
name="remove_html_tags">true</var>
    <var 
name="add_categories">true</var>
    <var 
name="category_field_name">category</var>
    <var 
name="category_delimiter">#</var>

<var name="category_first_level">-1</var>
    <var 
name="category_path_delimiter"><![CDATA[>]]></var>
    <var 
name="add_absolute_url_to_field">product_url</var>
    <var 
name="add_image_url_to_field">image_url</var>
    <var 
name="add_parent_sku">parent_sku</var>
    <var 
name="add_child_sku">child_skus</var>
    <var 
name="child_sku_delimiter">,</var>
</
action>

- remove_line_breaks: if the value of this tag is “true”, linebreaks will be removed from the content
- remove_html_tags: if the value of this tag is “true”, html tags will be removed from the content
- add_categories: if the value of this tag is “true”, each product will be extended with category names.
The following tags, are only used, if “add_categories” is “true”. They configure the additional category field:
- category_field_name: this value defines the used name of the category field. The default value of this tag is “category”. This tag is only expedient, if you export the fieldnames aor if you allready have another field with the defaultname “category”.
- category_delimiter: if a product is at more than one categories, each category will added and they will be delimited by this string. The default value is “#”.
- category_first_level: this value defines the level of the first exportable category. If it is 2 or greater, the first category names of the category tree won’t be added to the data. The values 1 and 0 are the same, because there is no level 0 - the root category has level 1. If the value is set to “-1”, only the proper category name will be added to the product. The default value of this tag is “1”.
- category_path_delimiter: if the category paths are exported (category_first_level is not -1), each category at the path will be delimited by this string. The default value is “>”. Example: catA1>catA2#catB1>catB2>catB3
- add_absolute_url_to_field; wit this tag you can set a field name, which will be used to add the absolute product link. if this field does not exists, it will be added. if it exists, it will be overwritten.
- add_image_url_to_field; this tag works at the same way, but exports the absolute image link.
- add_parent_sku: If this field is added, the parent SKU of any simple products associated with a configurable product will be added as a field.
- add_child_sku: If this field is added, the child SKUs of any configurable products will be added as a field. If intended for use with Magmi, this should be named as simple_skus.
- child_sku_delimiter: Delimiter for the add_child_sku field, default if unspecified is a comma.

Limitations: This will only currently pull up the first parent SKU of a simple product, if it is assigned to multiple configurables. I didn’t look into that any further at the time. This does not affect child products of configurables, which will be properly seperated by the delimiter specified.

I’ve uploaded the source to GitHub,at https://github.com/microchip/Magento-ExportExtension - both the main extension code, and a prepackaged version in the package folder. Hope it helps save someone the pain I went through trying to figure this out.

Rudi, I’ve sent a pull request, if you’d like to incorporate this back into your original code. I’ve also repackaged it at GitHub, and attached it to this post - it seemed to deserve a .1 version bump with the extra features!

Edit: Re-uploaded package which is now working with Magento 1.6.2.0, it didn’t like the camelcase ExportExtension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

insanityinside

Total Posts:  3

I’ve updated this to include gallery image URLs. Git repository is still in the same place ( https://github.com/microchip/Magento-ExportExtension ), packaged extension up there and attached here.

File Attachments
Omikron_Exportextension-1.3.1.tgz  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 8)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

insanityinside - 14 October 2013 04:54 AM

I’ve updated this to include gallery image URLs. Git repository is still in the same place ( https://github.com/microchip/Magento-ExportExtension ), packaged extension up there and attached here.

When i use this on 1.8.1 i get this error in SSH

PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Mage_Exportextension_Model_Modifier' not found in /usr/home/.../public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Convert/Action/Abstract.php on line 182

Any suggestions? We need to export our 20k+ items without linebreaks in the description.

This gives the above error:

<action type="catalog/convert_adapter_product" method="load">
    <var 
name="store"><![CDATA[0]]></var>
</
action>

<
action type="catalog/convert_parser_product" method="unparse">
    <var 
name="store"><![CDATA[0]]></var>
    <var 
name="url_field"><![CDATA[0]]></var>