Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Default Store and expected Status value

Richard H

Total Posts:  12

Im trying to import a csv file with the default Import All Products function, which finally work after lots of trial & errors.

They show up in the backend but are missing some values to be activated in frontend. The first thing is, i have to manually enable the only website in the Product => Website settings. I’ve tried it with different “Store” value in de CVS file, which is now “admin”. This is the same value as when I do a export.

Second is the “Status” of a product which can be On or Off. I’ve tried the values On/Off, 1/2 , 0,1, but can’t figure out what it is expecting.

Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Richard H

Total Posts:  12

I quess I’ve fixed it myself. Maybe this information helps other people.

Status just accepted the translated version, so in my case “Aan” to enable it and “Uit” to disable the product.
To get the product in the only website I have in magento, i had to put in “default” as store. Which I thought would only put the product in the English store view (which is called default) and not the Dutch store view (which is called dutch).

Magento Community
Magento Community

LordFoobar

Total Posts:  3

Thank you for documenting this.

I also note that it is case sensitive! The version is had to import data to is french and it is “Activé” and not “activé”.

In my opinion, the values true / false , and 1 / 0 should also be treated the same, to allow data to be imported regardless of Magento default locale. I don’t know what motivated this poor decision in the first place…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community