Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

User customizations and widgets

Cloud 9 Media

Total Posts:  5

Something I would really like to see is more user friendly features. I am thinking along the lines of igoogle. It would be great if a customer could login and have their own personalized page. They could easily add features (widgets) to their store view. Example, perhaps they want to keep up on clearance items or a specific category. They could simply add the feature to their page (drag a widget). Once in store view, they could drag and re-arrange the widgets and features.

I really would like to see this cart be cutting edge and contain features that are current in available technology. I’m tired of OSC and similar carts that look like they crawled out from under a rock in 1997.  tongue laugh

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Interesting idea. We’ll certainly consider it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Johan

Total Posts:  104
Sweden

Would be cool to make widgets people can use on their blogs.

Like wishlists etc. Just like amazon. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

External widgets may also be good for affiliates to put on their own site to highlight various products and allow the widget to be dynamic.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community