Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Allow HTML-tags on Front-end” Off by default FAIL ! 

TeMc

Total Posts:  3

HI,

I’m fairly new to Magento, but I all but a good first impression to see ugly html content when doing a fresh install with some show-off sample content.
if the sample content wouldn’t contain <ul>’s in In Depth’s field then I can understand that setting being disabled by default.
But if the sample content has it, then it should be set to On.

Nothing worse then having to google arround with very commons keywords for 30 minute before being able to correctly view a simple product page without thinking “argh, wth is that ?” I mean… that’s not exactly a good impression.

It’s becuase a friend of mine recommended Magento to me, but else I’d probebly have deïnstalled it already.

So I here by suggest strongly to either get rid of the html sample content or set “Allow HTML-tags on Front-end” to “Yes” by default.

Don’t get me wrong though, the rest looks pretty friggin’ awesome in the demo and is very promising.
So, I’m hoping to be as positive and happy about Magento as the rest of you.

--
Thanks,
TeMc

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community