Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Thumbs and Small Images are shown in “Other views” image gallery. 

cibernoid

Total Posts:  208

I have an issue after images importing.

Images are mapped with Magento’s names:

“image”,"small_image”,"thumbnail"

and the csv is formatted like this:

“/000000.jpg”, “/000000_small.jpg”, “000000_thumb.jpg”

All images are uploaded in media/import folder.

Everything works fine but all thumbs and small images are visible under the gallery “Other views” in product’s page.
Did I do something wrong?

thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cibernoid

Total Posts:  208

I think it could be a “name clash”. I should have called my images “small_000000.jpg” instead of “000000_small.jpg”. Can anyone confirm this? Tia.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

Well, I have only uploaded a few images, but with the same problems. ie all the identical thumbs and small images are visible under the gallery ‘Other Views’. Any idea what is happening?

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

Doesn’t happen if you upload them all as 000000.jpg . Ohterwise it doesn’t really know if these are different sized versions of the same image or actually completely different images - well they could be!
Now I wonder how Magento is handling the resizing of the images. I would like to know it it is using on-the-fly image resampling.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Magento will create the image on the fly the first time it is requested - it then stores a copy in an image cache - it is a very nice feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Burton S.

Total Posts:  22

I can’t get my gallery images to import at all. Maybe someone on this thread could make some guesses on what would cause the thumbnail and other images to show up in their gallery/other views, even though it was by mistake. This may help me figure out how to get my intended images to show in the gallery.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community