Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

new payment module for echeck

lusas

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

I need to create a new payment module for e-checks. i’ve been trying a few things such as customizing existing modules, but none of them have worked.  I don’t know what else do to.

Any ideas? Maybe someone feels like sharing some code wink… Is there any sort of documentation (updated, for the version 1.0 ) about creating new payment modules?

Thanks

(check out my magento site: http://77.247.178.151/magento/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Hi Lusas - what requirements do you need for e-checks, I am writing a Payment Extension at the moment that will provide alternative payment methods, more than happy to add e-checks to the mix if you can guide me as to what you need. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Cheers
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

lusas

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your offer. That would be really good.

The echeck module I need would be very simple. It would have just 2 fields: accounting number and routing number. That’s all.

I’ve trying to create this new module by copying and customizing other payment modules but I haven’t succeeded.  I managed to display my new module both on the backoffice and the checkout page, but I don’t know how to save the info to the database.

I’ve reached a dead-end after trying to extend the class ‘Mage_Payment_Model_Method_Abstract’.

Have you managed to create customized fields and save them to the database?

Thanks again

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hi All,

Any status on the progress of this eCheck integration?

Thanks for all the hard work on this Ajazza. Nice work. I wish I had time to help with the development, though it seems you’re doing a great job thus far.

- Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Can someone plase PM me exact requirements for eCheck - or point me in the right direction and I will add this to my soon to be released tweakmag_payment extension

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hey @Ajazza,

This is what I came up with: http://www.echeck.org/library/wp/ArchitectualOverview.pdf

Let us know if you need more info or assistance. Your hard work is appreciated!

Thanks,
Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

lusas

It would be basically a two-field module: routing number and accounting number, both integers. The customer should be able to enter them from the checkout form, and they should appear in the backoffice on the order details page.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community