Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
THere is no “install” folder in the “zip” files…

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@Hoodgrown: what’s the value of session.serialize_handler ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Hoodgrown

Total Posts:  63

session.serialize_handler = “php “

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hoodgrown

i took out all the extra spaces.... the wizrd startedf and now i get the follow[

quote]PHP Extension “pdo_mysql” must be loaded

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hoodgrown

thanks for all your help.. I directed my hosting company toward your page and they installed everything I needed to get your software up and running from upgrading my php and sql to installing needed modules..

so finally.. I have a basic store up and running....

Magento Community
Magento Community

charvan

Total Posts:  9

PLEASE HELP.  I really want to use Magento rather than the other ecomm CMS I have skinned but might not if its so buggy right now.

Totally out of my element here.  Have been SSHing in, installing pears and pickles (er, pecls), blah blah blah.  Have manged not to explode the server… yet. 

Regardless, please forgive my ignorance.  Have been following and these fixes and none of them are working for my session related issues. 

The PDO stuff is in place.

The syntax on my php.ini in the Session Area is as follows (lines up much nicer in plain text):

[Session]
session.save_handler = files ; handler used to store/retrieve data
session.save_path = /tmp ; argument passed to save_handler
; in the case of files, this is the
; path where data files are stored
session.use_cookies = 1 ; whether to use cookies
session.name = PHPSESSID
; name of the session
; is used as cookie name
session.auto_start = 0 ; initialize session on request startup
session.cookie_lifetime = 0 ; lifetime in seconds of cookie
; or if 0, until browser is restarted
session.cookie_path = / ; the path the cookie is valid for
session.cookie_domain = ; the domain the cookie is valid for
session.serialize_handler = php ; handler used to serialize data
; php is the standard serializer of PHP
session.gc_probability = 1 ; percentual probability that the
; ‘garbage collection’ process is started
; on every session initialization
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440 ; after this number of seconds, stored
; data will be seen as ‘garbage’ and
; cleaned up by the gc process
session.referer_check = ; check HTTP Referer to invalidate
; externally stored URLs containing ids
session.entropy_length = 0 ; how many bytes to read from the file
session.entropy_file = ; specified here to create the session id
; session.entropy_length = 16
; session.entropy_file = /dev/urandom
session.cache_limiter = nocache ; set to {nocache,private,public} to
; determine HTTP caching aspects
session.cache_expire = 180 ; document expires after n minutes
session.use_trans_sid = 1 ; use transient sid support if enabled
; by compiling with --enable-trans-sid

Have tried removing the extra spaces in the ‘save handler’ and ‘serialized handler’.  No dice.

I am getting the following error on the install page:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot find save handler files in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 58
[0] in session_start() in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 58
[1] in Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->start("install") in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 67
[2] in Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->init("core", “install") in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract.php on line 32
[3] in Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract->init("core", “install") in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session.php on line 33
[4] in Mage_Core_Model_Session->__construct(Array[1]) in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 560
[5] in Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance("core/session", Array[1]) in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/Mage.php on line 256
[6] in Mage::getModel("core/session", Array[1]) in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/Mage.php on line 270
[7] in Mage::getSingleton("core/session", Array[1]) in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 352
[8] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch() in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/IndexController.php on line 33
[9] in Mage_Install_IndexController->preDispatch() in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 319
[10] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch("index") in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php on line 147
[11] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Zend_Controller_Request_Http) in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 164
[12] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/Mage.php on line 378
[13] in Mage::run("base") in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/index.php on line 28

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

@sharvan: in your php.ini try to set the value in quotes:

session.save_handler "files"
If it doesn’t help, in app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php add somewhere before session_start():
ini_set('session.save_handler''files');

Magento Community
Magento Community

charvan

Total Posts:  9

No dice.  Might be the serving structure the client is on.

Moshe, I don’t know how you know what you know, but its pretty amazing.  Thanks for trying.

If anyone else tries to use the above fix, please note that there is a missing “Core” directory after the ‘Mage’ directory.  It full path, I think, is:

app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php

Still this error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot find save handler files in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 60
[0] in session_start() in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 60
[1] in Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->start("install") in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 69
[2] in Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->init("core", “install") in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract.php on line 32
[3] in Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract->init("core", “install") in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session.php on line 33
[4] in Mage_Core_Model_Session->__construct(Array[1]) in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 560
[5] in Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance("core/session", Array[1]) in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/Mage.php on line 256
[6] in Mage::getModel("core/session", Array[1]) in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/Mage.php on line 270
[7] in Mage::getSingleton("core/session", Array[1]) in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 352
[8] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch() in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/IndexController.php on line 33
[9] in Mage_Install_IndexController->preDispatch() in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 319
[10] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch("index") in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php on line 147
[11] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Zend_Controller_Request_Http) in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 164
[12] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/app/Mage.php on line 378
[13] in Mage::run("base") in /home/postal/public_html/dev/magento/index.php on line 28

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

Hi, i’ve tried to google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=save_handler+"Cannot+find+save+handler+files+in"

But the besides this thread there’s only zencart thread that suggests removing and reinstalling PHP and php.ini, and php bug report, that should be sorted out by correct php.ini configuration that we went through…

I’m sorry, at loss about how i can help in this case..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2