Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I make massive changes in the admin panel, without those changes showing up live? 

Sinjin

Total Posts:  1

I’m in the process of getting my store up and running, and need the site to go live ASAP, within the next week or two at the most.  However, I already know of some massive changes I want to make in the way products are listed.  I won’t have time to do these changes before the site goes live, and don’t want these changes to show up until I’m done with all of them. 

So is there a way where I can make changes in the admin panel, but NOT have those changes show up live until I want them to? 

Thanks in advance for anybody who can help me with this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

You could set up a new root category and then switch it in system->manage stores when you are ready.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Raptor Commerce (Matt)

Total Posts:  49

This is one of the neat features in the Enterprise edition, content staging

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community