Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add items in topnav that aren’t categories/products

rajbrades

Total Posts:  53

I thought the best way to do this would to actually open the top.phtml and add <li> items for each new menu item and then link it to the identifier as assigned in new page in the cms.
This works..however I lose the active state (highlighted) when going to that page.

To see an example check out my site and click on “Our Story”.

my site

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

That seems to work. Good idea. It seems to work just like the other links. None of the links are highlighted when you visit any of the pages, only when you hover over the links. Later...Oh I see what you mean. The effect was so subtle I had missed it!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

i like the look of what you did with that 3 column layout. it gives me ideas smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

rajbrades

Total Posts:  53

I haven’t settled on the active state for the top navigation links, so that’s why it’s subtle. Still....I can’t figure out how to keep these items “Active”

1. Where to Buy
2. Our Story
3. Contact Us

These three were added directly to the code in top.phtml and not done through the CMS.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community