Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Pricing Update and Timeouts

justdom

Total Posts:  14

Hi Everyone,
I’ve done a bulk import that changes most of the pices in my store. I can see the new prices in the back end, but they’re not appearing when a customer views the site. Thinking it was a caching issue, I proceeded to refresh all of them, but that hasn’t worked either. In addition, refreshing certain caches like the Layered indices causes the app to time out. I’ve search for ways to respond to the latter, but I’m still not sure why the new prices won’t show. Has anyone else else experienced this and can offer some advice? Thanks.

Dominic

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

Layered Navigation is not exactly functional on most versions of Magento. It will work nicely on 1.4 as it has been re-written, when it comes out you may want to upgrade. That’s an aside, it will not help you here…

What happen when you turn the cache off? Do you see correct price?

If yes, set cache to ‘refresh’ and you should be set.

Magento Community
Magento Community

justdom

Hi-thanks for the reply. That seems to have worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

justdom

Seems my victory was short lived. I’ve refreshed all the caches, and I can confirm that the price change is in the product admin, but the site doesn’t reflect this change. Is there anything I would need to do?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community