Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I create a second navigation based on Brand? 

Bebop

Total Posts:  2

I want to allow my customers to navigate by categories but also by selecting a brand.

In the header, I would have the menu like it is right now in Magento. But in one of the colums, I would like to have a dropdown field which list all the brands for quick access.

My first thought was to create a new attribute. But I don’t know how to access it to create a dropdown field. And it seems too limited for what I need.

I am asking myself if the best solution would not be to create categories for the brands. It would allow me to create a product list with it’s own design and to add a description of the brand.

The store would have his root category on the real categories. I just have to find a way to create a dropdown field from an other top category. Could you help me?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Bebop - 10 April 2008 01:17 AM

I want to allow my customers to navigate by categories but also by selecting a brand.

Hello,
see this extension http://amasty.com/improved-navigation-shop-by-brands.html. It has a variety of features considering brands.
You can:
- Filter by Brand logos
- Featured brands block
- Multiple or single brand selection
- Make short brand URLs
- Alphabetically order brand list

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community