Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Clothing Store, Size Selection? How? 

markod

Total Posts:  10

How do I add a selector for 1-XL 1-M etc and have the stock reflect this? I.e if i only have one of each.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

markod

I’ve managed to add a way to reflect size with custom options but this doesn’t reflect the stock when used.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nul77

Total Posts:  24

Hi,

that’s correct, using custom options doens’t track inventory.
See this post for configurable products:
http://webshop-conversion.com/2009/07/24/how-to-create-configurable-products-in-magento/

HTH, Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community

markod

So Do i need a new configurable product for each and every product? Some products won’t have specific sizes etc, not sure if yours covers that. Is there an easy way to do this or?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Raptor Commerce (Matt)

Total Posts:  49

No you’d create a series of attribute sets e.g. you may have an attribute set called ‘casual shirts’ which have sizes from S to XXL, you may have another attribute set called jeans which have sizes from 30” to 44” waist. Then when you create a new product you select the appropriate attribute set and enter the stock levels

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community